Transfer rumours

20 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Ethan Erhahon from Lincoln is a name I heard today.  Not the usual source but a Lincoln supporting mate who has one.  Know diddly about him. 

fairly big Lincoln fan said we have put a bid in. doubt there is much in it but would be a great signing 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Massive Leeds, the facts.

In the nine seasons they were in the championship, before Covid.

Average attendance 26,277.

Three seasons in League One.

Average attendance 25,001.

Roughly 10,000 empty seats every week.

Derby nine seasons in the championship roughly the same period.

Average attendance 27,268.

Two seasons in League one.

Average attendance 27,349.

Derby consistently massive.

We are a big club but not ‘massive’.

I have often wondered if we were back in the Prem- and there was no limits in terms of how many folks the stadium would hold- what sort of season ticket numbers and regular crowds we would get. This number would obviously be influenced heavily by some very big away followings which would come to PP.

My own view is that we would be lucky to regularly hit 35,000 and many games would be in the low 30’s.

I actually think it’s easier to get fan involvement when we are doing well in a lower league than if we were mid table or bottom third in the Prem..

I do recall DC saying he would consider expanding PP and adding the additional tier if we were in the Prem…

What does everyone else think ?

41 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I have often wondered if we were back in the Prem- and there was no limits in terms of how many folks the stadium would hold- what sort of season ticket numbers and regular crowds we would get. This number would obviously be influenced heavily by some very big away followings which would come to PP.

My own view is that we would be lucky to regularly hit 35,000 and many games would be in the low 30’s.

I actually think it’s easier to get fan involvement when we are doing well in a lower league than if we were mid table or bottom third in the Prem..

I do recall DC saying he would consider expanding PP and adding the additional tier if we were in the Prem…

I seem to remember that when Nigel was building a team that we were hovering around 23k for home games and the Sun newspaper was doing coupons to get  tickets for a Tenner . Lots of fans find it hard to see a team losing games . We only had 19k home fans for the last WHUtd cup game . This season will be a good barometer to how Massive we are . 

1 hour ago, LucaHames said:

fairly big Lincoln fan said we have put a bid in. doubt there is much in it but would be a great signing 

10 yellow cards and a sending off last season so he obviously puts a foot in.Be interesting to see if this one materialises.

1 hour ago, CapeTownRams said:

We sold out regularly during the 11 point season. Think our average was about 32k. Since then fan engagement has changed especially with the premier league with majority of clubs at maximum occupancy. You only have to look at the red dogs. 29k sell outs with a waiting list of about 11k. If we did get back and stayed there for a bit pride park would quickly become too small and we’d need to expand. Derby as a premier league team could (just about) sustain 44k.

16 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

10 yellow cards and a sending off last season so he obviously puts a foot in.Be interesting to see if this one materialises.

Isn't that a worse disciplinary record than Sibley's?

I’m impressed by the calibre of keepers that we’ve been linked to or had mentioned, at least. Rodak, Iversen & Ryan are all big upgrades on Wildsmith, so you can see why we let him go. I’d be happy with any of those three.

It also gives me more hope regarding our ambitions for the season. If we can recruit the same quality throughout the squad then we won’t be looking at just survival.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Someone on the Lincoln messageboard claiming that our transfer restrictions continue until August 2024 .

Anyone know if this is true as it would really restrict us until after the season has already started 

I would have thought that the restrictions ended at the end of last season 

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Someone on the Lincoln messageboard claiming that our transfer restrictions continue until August 2024 .

Anyone know if this is true as it would really restrict us until after the season has already started 

No longer under restrictions or EFL agreed business plan. 

18 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Wonder if he’s referring to this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65543136

All the twitter xG nerds rate Erhahon so would be a good signing from an analytic point of view. 

A lot of talk and little substance so far with us this window. Will be intrigued to see who we eventually pin down. 

To clarify, I’m not moaning about the slow start to the window, just making an observation.

3 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

It’s interesting. The Gooners and others in times past were at a disadvantage against United and Liverpool .. just on gate receipts and income from that. But TV has twisted that so much. Still at face value bolting the extra capacity on to PP wouldn’t be a huge cost. Would we fill another 10 k seats ? It’s possible if we perform so net income might increase by 3/5 million PA.

You’d get the Capex back pretty quickly …. IF you filled the seats. To me we’d have to shape up and look like solid mid table rather than YoYo club/ annual cannon fodder. Not easy with the way the game is now. It’s an interesting thought though 🍻