UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Much better second half. Wore them down got goals second half. Eze might have put himself on the plane, Palmer as well, Grealish made an impact gives us something different so he’ll go. I think Maddison has played himself out of contention, looked a continuation of his poor end to the season with Spurs. Hope he takes Wharton.

I’ve got no worries about England this tournament. Between us and France with outside bets being Germany (mainly due to home advantage) and Portugal. 

On 03/06/2024 at 21:42, BramcoteRam84 said:

Much better second half. Wore them down got goals second half. Eze might have put himself on the plane, Palmer as well, Grealish made an impact gives us something different so he’ll go. I think Maddison has played himself out of contention, looked a continuation of his poor end to the season with Spurs. Hope he takes Wharton.

I’ve got no worries about England this tournament. Between us and France with outside bets being Germany (mainly due to home advantage) and Portugal. 

I concur.  We should be semi finalists minimum.  Unless Kane gets injured, in which case we should just pack up and fly home the minute he hobbles off.  Oh for the days when we had likes of Shearer, Owen, Fowler, Wright, Sheringham & Ferdinand to choose from...

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I concur.  We should be semi finalists minimum.  Unless Kane gets injured, in which case we should just pack up and fly home the minute he hobbles off.  Oh for the days when we had likes of Shearer, Owen, Fowler, Wright, Sheringham & Ferdinand to choose from...

........... and won nowt with them.

Thinking of going to Germany for the last group game in Bonn.

Are tickets all e-tickets today so cannot be re-sold.

Back in the day used to know England members that could nearly always get me a ticket, only bought off ticket tout on one occasion.

Do you have to show ID with the tickets as well.

46 minutes ago, cstand said:

Thinking of going to Germany for the last group game in Bonn.

Are tickets all e-tickets today so cannot be re-sold.

Back in the day used to know England members that could nearly always get me a ticket, only bought off ticket tout on one occasion.

Do you have to show ID with the tickets as well.

I actually got onto the ticket portal for the final round of tickets and had a decent choice but in the end decided against it as the cost was too great with everything all in. You'll be fine without ID, they said this in Euro 2016 which I went to and no ID was needed to be shown. The E-Tickets are non-transferable in theory but you may get lucky... 

There is an article on the BBC website today about Ollie Watkins, not sure if this is common knowledge but found it interesting as I thought we choose Nugent over Watkins rather than be turned down by Exeter due to our style of play!

His form led to interest from Brentford - with Smith having moved to the Bees - and Derby.

"We were offered a lot of money by Derby in January (2017)," said Tisdale. "The Derby model was the opposite of what Ollie needed, a lot of process, passing and possession. I could have seen Ollie grinding to a halt. 

"They didn't undervalue him, it was the kind of money we'd have accepted, but we turned it down."

5 minutes ago, Ramchope said:

There is an article on the BBC website today about Ollie Watkins, not sure if this is common knowledge but found it interesting as I thought we choose Nugent over Watkins rather than be turned down by Exeter due to our style of play!

His form led to interest from Brentford - with Smith having moved to the Bees - and Derby.

"We were offered a lot of money by Derby in January (2017)," said Tisdale. "The Derby model was the opposite of what Ollie needed, a lot of process, passing and possession. I could have seen Ollie grinding to a halt. 

"They didn't undervalue him, it was the kind of money we'd have accepted, but we turned it down."

Saw that and posted it in a different thread. 

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's a shock. I don't see a stand out candidate to replace Maguire in the defence either

I don't even watch the PL anymore, but Guehi looks alright. I guess Walker and Stones will be starters, but not at all sure alongside whom.

It looks like this from the reports:

GK Pickford Ramsdale Henderson

DF Trippier Stones Walker Guehi Gomez Dunk Shaw Konsa

MID Rice Alexander-Arnold Gallagher Mainoo Wharton Bellingham

FW Kane Eze Bowen Foden Gordon Palmer Saka Watkins Toney

Missing out: Maguire Branthwaite Maddison Jones Trafford Grealish Quansah

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Branthwaite out too by the looks of it, that’s staggering. He’s the kind of player who will be in the England squad for the next decade, give him some tournament experience instead of Lewis Dunk who has looked dreadful every time he’s played for England.

Branthwaite would be STARTING for me, never mind not even in the squad. Baffling.