UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

2 hours ago, eddielewis said:

My one hope from this game tonight is it not to be decided by a contentious decision by VAR. 

If I only had "one hope" it would be that England win. 

A non contentious VAR decision would probably rank 3rd or 4th.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Whilst not really playing any top teams on our way to the final has been a real bonus, it does mean we haven't yet played a good team who will come at us.

I think I read on here somewhere that England FC have never beaten a top ten ranked nation (at that time) on foreign soil, in any knock out game ever.

... or summat like that!  👀

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think I read on here somewhere that England FC have never beaten a top ten ranked nation (at that time) on foreign soil, in any knock out game ever.

... or summat like that!  👀

Until Netherlands on Wednesday?

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Until Netherlands on Wednesday?

Hey, I can only quote what I read... from memory.  
I'll not reveal my source, as @Bris Vegas is probably a bit bigger than me, and I probably* didn't read his post fully.

🎵 My posts are factual... I'll never sing that!

👀

*Definitely
*As always
*Why would I?
*etc...

I have to work tomorrow, like many, but I've arranged the next best thing - a lift in. If we win I'm pretty sure I'll be over the limit in the morning. Fingers crossed we can do it.

21 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 luckily being a ram has conditioned me to the inevitable disappointment national football brings  

1E2B07A2-87CC-4CA1-B775-376B0A7EA939.jpeg

Damn right mate.

I've put £20 on Bebé Z'Amora to bag Spain's deciding penalty in the inevitable shoot out.

2 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

In same pub same seat same clothes

Taking superstition to another level 🇫🇴🇫🇴🇫🇴🇫🇴

6 hours ago, Thameram said:

Gonna be in the old swan in correjlo fuertaventura from about 4 watching this been in same pub same seat since Slovakia game so hoping it's a good omen 

Edited by Thameram

BBC

No adverts, no Mark PooCatcher, no deluded musings of Sam Matterface. 

Don't mind a bit of Roy Keane. He brings the grumpy cynicism that I strive to achieve in my daily life. But he comes with the VAR bs and Trent Alexander selling Nivea.  

Edited by Alph

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 luckily being a ram has conditioned me to the inevitable disappointment national football brings  

1E2B07A2-87CC-4CA1-B775-376B0A7EA939.jpeg

This is what I like about international tournaments. City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United fans get to experience what it’s like to be a fan of a normal club. So much pain, stress, near misses, heart ache, agony. It’s not just 5-0 wins every week. Welcome to real world mother lovers. 

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think bbc for the studio, but ITV for match. Ally much better than Shearer.

ITV pundits are good, but too many adverts. I actually like the VAR woman as she knows the rules, even if they are not great rules. Ex-pros saying "but he went for the ball" gets dull.

Good point about the VAR woman.