Herbie Kane

1 hour ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Re Devante Cole...he's on a free, aged 29, scored 18 goals this season, quick too... and lives in a commutable distance..I'd sign him as  a squad player...

We've got two squad strikers if Collo signs. Better would be preferable, IMO.

1 hour ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Re Devante Cole...he's on a free, aged 29, scored 18 goals this season, quick too... and lives in a commutable distance..I'd sign him as  a squad player...

If we keep Collins with Washington, we'll already have 2 'squad' forwards, 3 if we don't loan out Brown. I think that any other forwards we get in, need to be intended starters. Unless, we loan out Washington and replace him with Cole.

11 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The prospect of Washington and Collins up front next season frightens me. I would have released Collins, signed up Cole and Campbell and promoted Brown to the 1st team. 

Is Cole, other than being younger, any better than Collins? Don’t you think we will sign a couple of strikers? Bit early for doom and gloom.

13 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The prospect of Washington and Collins up front next season frightens me. I would have released Collins, signed up Cole and Campbell and promoted Brown to the 1st team. 

If we sign Cole we’re in big trouble. Fellas not good enough. Had 1 purple patch at start of the season and did hardly anything for the last 5 months. 

Returning to the subject of Herbie Kane that this thread is about. The consensus from Barnsley fans seems to be 

No pace

Too slow to react to make a tackle

Spends most of his time passing sideways

He should fit in fine 😁

19 hours ago, ram59 said:

If we keep Collins with Washington, we'll already have 2 'squad' forwards, 3 if we don't loan out Brown. I think that any other forwards we get in, need to be intended starters. Unless, we loan out Washington and replace him with Cole.

Cole is no better than Collins. He’s had two good seasons in League 1 in his career and this season despite scoring 18, two came in the last 22 games. Other than age there’s no reason he should take Collins’ place.

I’m also not convinced that Washington stays with us. I think whether we use Brown or not, we’ll add two more strikers to the squad and Wash will be 5th choice. I think he’ll probably go on loan, or on a free, back to L1 with us paying the majority of his wages.

4 hours ago, Rammysees said:

Returning to the subject of Herbie Kane that this thread is about. The consensus from Barnsley fans seems to be 

No pace

He should fit in fine 😁

dont fans of a club that one of their players is leaving always run the player down its called blind faith that their club is the best.

4 hours ago, Rammysees said:

No pace

He should fit in fine 😁

5 hours ago, Rammysees said:

No pace

He should fit in fine 😁

It’s fair to say that Barnsley fans haven’t warmed to him, despite him being a significant player for them for the past couple of seasons, a lot of it down to his perceived attitude. It has to be said that Barnsley fans have this with quite a few players though - they seem to be at odds with them and there is chronic disinterest from their supporters. I’m not entirely sure on the reasons. 

Herbie Kane isn’t quick, and part of me thinks that his profile flies in the face of what Warne wants in terms of athleticism, but he’s a technically good player and we need four central midfielders. He has the ability to play in the Championship, but how well he suits our system is less certain. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It’s fair to say that Barnsley fans haven’t warmed to him, despite him being a significant player for them for the past couple of seasons, a lot of it down to his perceived attitude. It has to be said that Barnsley fans have this with quite a few players though - they seem to be at odds with them and there is chronic disinterest from their supporters. I’m not entirely sure on the reasons. 

Herbie Kane isn’t quick, and part of me thinks that his profile flies in the face of what Warne wants in terms of athleticism, but he’s a technically good player and we need four central midfielders. He has the ability to play in the Championship, but how well he suits our system is less certain. 

Your second paragraph there is the thing. We do know Warne does like a technical player, see the likes of Barlaser and even our own Max Bird, but it’s also safe to assume he has a level of athleticism/pace he requires. Now, not entire sure whether Kane meets that or not. 

23 hours ago, Rammysees said:

No pace

He should fit in fine 😁

We've finally got rid of an entire midfield that played that way. Please no more.

23 hours ago, islandram said:

dont fans of a club that one of their players is leaving always run the player down its called blind faith that their club is the best.

True

On 19/05/2024 at 18:27, islandram said:

I've seen very little but admiration for Joe Wildsmith and Korey Smith?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Doesn't really make any difference to the point made?

We got promoted and still have fans that want the manager replaced.

they are not fans just keyboard warriors who type before engaging brain.