Pre season

One positive that I picked up from watching the highlights of last night's game is that the much derided Barks, twice showed just what we want from a winger, pace and an accurate cross. His assist for Collins was top drawer and on his wrong foot, it was no fluke either, deliberately looked over to where Collins was, before picking him out. Later on, he went down the opposite wing and put in a great ball, which Brown couldn't quite finish off and maybe should have left it for Thommo.

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

One positive that I picked up from watching the highlights of last night's game is that the much derided Barks, twice showed just what we want from a winger, pace and an accurate cross. His assist for Collins was top drawer and on his wrong foot, it was no fluke either, deliberately looked over to where Collins was, before picking him out. Later on, he went down the opposite wing and put in a great ball, which Brown couldn't quite finish off and maybe should have left it for Thommo.

I've always rated Barks, I just think he was managed wrongly, in my opinion.

He was in a rich vein of form over the Christmas period last season or season before (i forget which now), I remember him scoring 2 in 3 or 3 in 4 games and was dropped inexplicably.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He was in a rich vein of form over the Christmas period last season or season before (i forget which now), I remember him scoring 2 in 3 or 3 in 4 games and was dropped inexplicably.

If only he didn't resemble a shabby old tramp....😉

43 minutes ago, ram59 said:

In my view Barks has done very well for the rams since signing 

A very good asset to the club 

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Barks often makes good choices in the final third, but his ability to consistently get involved in games is his problem.

You can normally tell within the first 10/15 minutes if he’s going to do anything or not.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Barks often makes good choices in the final third, but his ability to consistently get involved in games is his problem.

You can normally tell within the first 10/15 minutes if he’s going to do anything or not.

I would agree with that, if he could be consistent he would be a top Championship player.

13 hours ago, ram59 said:

If Brown hadn't had his shirt pulled he would likely have put it away. Penalty. Something they should have had a short time later for Cash's challenge on their young lad whose name I forget. 

35 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I like Barkhuizen. He came with real pedigree - a regular in a top half Championship side for four or five seasons. He's still very fast. He's technically pretty good. He's not the kind of winger who will single handedly rip teams apart but he's a valuable asset who will add something to good teams. 

We haven’t signed anyone better as of yet ( obviously NML is better) a decent performer never outstanding but he’s usually the one who warne takes off first along with the now departed Sibley 

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It's funny how we all see things differently. I think one of Barks's failings is his terrible decision-making! But I do agree he's either in the game at the start, or invisible for the match. If he didn't have the renewal clause, I'd have let him go. 

3 hours ago, vonwright said:

I like Barkhuizen. He came with real pedigree - a regular in a top half Championship side for four or five seasons. He's still very fast. He's technically pretty good. He's not the kind of winger who will single handedly rip teams apart but he's a valuable asset who will add something to good teams. 

That goal v Exeter City (a) was superb. Cut in from the left wing and curled it around the keeper.