Pre season

Just now, BathRam72 said:

To be fair.  Once again we have played 2 full teams pretty much. I will judge after the starting 11 have had a few games together.  Far too early to make judgement 

There's only two weeks to go.

So two 'first teams' played, neither put on a display? Why not start to settle the side/formation?

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Would it be too much for players to get minutes AND look like they’ve met each other before? 👀

We do seem to be missing Bird to take the ball and not panic 

20 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I think we should enjoy Kenzo for the next season or two because if he adapts well to the English game I can’t see him sticking round for long he has so much ability.

The only plus in another dour game

As per last game, not sure what we learned.

Touch was heavy all over the park, movement off the ball was awful.  Passing sloppy, shape not right.

You can say it's a friendly,  doesn't matter etc... but surely we can pass the ball to one another.

Shrewsbury looked two weeks ahead of us in their preparation.

Not a disaster,  but we looked how we looked in our poor performances last season. Hard to see what we were trying to do.  Pinball passing unless it was the defenders who had time to pass sideways.

Fozzie and Ozoh best players for me.

Yates not involved and he can't play anyway... so lots of work to do to hit the ground at a slow jog never mind running.

Get it’s only pre season but sometimes it doesn’t lie. Two preseasons that stick in my mind where we looked tactically unprepared and with seemingly no game plan were under Pearson and Cocus second season - and it didn’t click come the season. 

In fact, under cocu we couldn’t score in 4 out of 5 pre season friendlies and went on to score just 8 goals in the first 18 league games. He was of course sacked somewhere around then. 

We have plenty more to do in terms of personnel but some of our issues tactically worry me, let’s hope we see some patterns of play begin to click in the next two games. Preseason results don’t bother me if we begin to see that. 

Thing you have to remember during pre season as well is most of the training they'll have been doing up until now will be fitness work, specially under Warne, and the fitness will shine through at the latter end of the season, so there all probably foooooked out there at the mo! 

Judge them after at least 10 league games! If we haven't won any and still look bad, then yeah I understand the worrying, but right now come on ffs!!

Up the Rams 🐑

New signings. Goudmijn looks ok and thinks forward, Adams looks like a player who's been training on his own waiting for a move,  Jackson is quick but not competent at this level as a starter, as his feet are quicker than the decision his brain is making,  Yates is physically weak, struggles to lose his marker and if he gets 10 goals we'll be very lucky, Ozoh is strong but needs to watch runners behind, he doesn't pick them up in real time but that may improve with more minutes, Osborn is tidy as you'd expect but won't be exciting anyone, he'd have been better 3 years ago.  

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Again, awful passing, poor control, bad decision making & lack of options for each other...........Lack of shots on goal is a big worry as well. Nothing lost that matters at this point but you've got to feel worried.

So we've all got to be worried because you say so