Games That Aren't Talked About Enough

One from this season that’ll be one of those “f****** hell, remember that” matches

Taking 5,000 to Meadow Lane, outselling them and outselling our home attendance from the previous group game 😂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wazztie16 said:

This was the first game that came to mind for me. I still think about it often. Imagine having to go back to Yeovil after being 2-0 up all the way up here.

Was this the game that we scored a goal after putting together about 27 passes, thought we were Barcelona for a few minutes? Or am I mixing games up?

Can't seem to edit so I'll quote myself - found the goal. Was away at Yeovil.

https://youtu.be/34F7W2eMIYQ?si=m3yYmar-s5GiPo-w

Edited by Wazztie16
Added fixture.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I was at the Utd game with my two boys, at that time it was normal to just turn up on the day and pay at the turnstile.

We tried to get in the away end but it was sold out so ended up in the home family area and there were lots of Derby fans in there.

It was rammed on the terrace. Does anyone remember the 4.1 defeat at Old Trafford the previous season. Steve Cross celebrated his consolation goal like it was the winner!  Seem to remember there being a massive killer whale inflatable in the away end or maybe I dreamt that!

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

And then backing it up with a point away to a Fulham team who were smashing everybody!

Which then reminds me… beating Fulham at home on Good Friday that season to postpone relegation

The support at the Fulham away game was brilliant. It wasn’t deafening or anything, but it felt like the away end didn’t stop singing for a single minute across the whole 90.

19 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

It was rammed on the terrace. Does anyone remember the 4.1 defeat at Old Trafford the previous season. Steve Cross celebrated his consolation goal like it was the winner!  Seem to remember there being a massive killer whale inflatable in the away end or maybe I dreamt that!

Yes I do remember that. Steve Cross came on like a man possessed even though the game was lost. I don’t remember the whale though. 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Derby 2 Everton 1 September 1969. A well deserved victory over the eventual champions which told the rest of Division 1 that Derby were to be reckoned with.

Was that a League Cup replay? I remember going to Goodison for a cup match Everton v Derby long before I became a Rams fan and was amazed by the noise made by the visiting fans.

44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Forest 2 Derby 4

Penalty missed by Storey-Moore

With a nick nack paddywack give a dog a bone

Forest b**tards all went home.

We beat them 2 nil away when Storey-Moore missed a penalty. John Robson scored from 25 yards. 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

We beat them 2 nil away when Storey-Moore missed a penalty. John Robson scored from 25 yards. 

We beat them in 3 successive years 4-2, 3-1 and 2-0.

In both the 4-2 game and the 2-0 game, Storey-Moore missed penalties.

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Was that a League Cup replay? I remember going to Goodison for a cup match Everton v Derby long before I became a Rams fan and was amazed by the noise made by the visiting fans.

No, the League Cup replay was the year before, and finished 1-0 to the Rams (a round after the Chelsea 3-1 win - the day people started to take notice of us).

I remember the DET highlighting the two midfields before the game: Carlin, Durban and McGovern v Ball, Harvey and Kendall.

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Last time we won at Villa. We made a lot of noise that day.  There is a much longer highlights version of this game on the internet somewhere.

Seem to remember Villa giving Deano the what a waste of money chant just before he scored, priceless

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

No, it was a league game and our first as the main feature on Match of the Day iirc.

4 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

My dad was at that game, he is 97 and in a residential home now. Last year we had to sort the house out and found his Benfica pennant in a drawer,its in my drawer now☺

What a wonderful find.  I may have sat and had a pint with your dad that day?  Who knows?