South Stand...surely its time for proper stand names!

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

I think the away section should be called Crewton Corner, but only for games against Forest 🤭

Or perhaps the Chernobyl exclusion zone end as we all know how many mutations forest fans have on their 7 fingers and 8 toes 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Anon said:

South Stand - Nick Blackman Enclosure

West Stand - Kenneth Burns Memorial Stand

North Stand - Billy Davies Bothy

East Stand - Nick Pickering International Lounge

You missed Mick Coop corner and the Burns stand would be big enough to hold 50k people 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

On 29/04/2024 at 17:56, jono said:

How about a list of names that won’t be used ?

The MM Stand ?

The Docherty Arena ? 

The new bar with a Mexican theme .. The 3 Amigos bar 

The Kirchner Stand 

“The Robert Maxwell toilet”

I can't believe they were so haphazard in the first place... Why TF did they not just straighten the ground out before submitting the plans!  This does my OCD no good at all.  🙄

Starting from my seat above the club shop, we should (in theory!) have...

North Corner
North East Stand
East Corner (Away fans)
South East End
South Corner
The Toyota South West Stand
The West corner (where the scoreboard is... still with me, yeah?)
The North West Stand. 

I tried using my compass to get out on Saturday, and nearly ended up on the Goddamn pitch! 😲

#seethe

I think the compass direction names were good in their time, especially as the whole of Pride Park was a wasteland with a brand new stadium on it.

Definitely time to give them proper names though.

I think a mixture of both ideas, the geographical location names (not compass directions) and the historic link with either city centric names or club linked names.

The Railway end has been the best I’ve heard for the north stand so far. Although this would be perfect for the Clowes stand as this is where David used to sit. 

East stand is an interesting one. I’ve been a season ticket holder in the East stand for all bar a couple of years since opening. The old East Stand corner was the singing bit that was split upon the move to the south stand. We do create an atmosphere in the first blocks next to the away fans but that’s about it. It’s very much closer to the old Ossie end in relation to the pop side rather than being the old pop side so that doesn’t fit for me. 
What alternative names I’d give it would probably be more like alternating geographical and Chairman. 
You could have the Railway for North, Clowes for East, Derwent for South and Pickering for West or something like that. 

23 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Would be great to have Jim Smith recognised in some way. That promotion season at BBG and the first few years at PP were fantastic

Name one of the upper corners the Bald Eagle's Eyrie