South Stand...surely its time for proper stand names!

As Derby are re born...surely it's time we named the South Stand and the rest of them for that matter.  Not a fan of a sponsored stand as they come and go...apart from the Toyota West stand.  We could go back to an old stand name from the BBG, a Legend or something completely new and fresh?

I'll start the ball rolling.....

South Stand - 1884

North Stand - Railway End

East Stand - Popside

West Stand - Toyota (Steve Bloomer Upper & Lower) Stand

Not sure why they’ve never named them. I think as Pride Park itself doesn’t really have any character still, even after all this time, then if this were to happen it would have to be based on people not geography.
So how about:

* West - Clough Stand (with Taylor suite somewhere)

* East - Pickering Stand

* North - Clowes Stand (probably too modest!)

* South - Hector Stand (or Bloomer, McFarland, or other legend) 

Avon Tyres stand, Ron Brooks Toyota Stand, Just Eat End, I-Pro corner, f*** the EFL until the End.

But seriously, I like the Railway End for the north stand and Popside for the East stand.

and the newly renamed mel morris toilet faclities, complete with image of his face in the bowl.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Avon Tyres stand, Ron Brooks Toyota Stand, Just Eat End, I-Pro corner, f*** the EFL until the End.

But seriously, I like the Railway End for the north stand and Popside for the East stand.

and the newly renamed mel morris toilet faclities, complete with image of his face in the bowl.

That’s unfair to toilets 

Dunno, I'm quite happy to have the stands sponsored, show me the money! Lets have people enter Bombardier Gate 13, sit in Bubbles Spa seat 135 or whatever. If it means getting some funds to help David Clowes make us sustainable and competitive then let's do it.

Advantage of PPS being so new (relatively) is that we dont have the issue of pursuing money at the expense of names that have historical meaning, like Popside, C-Stand, Ossie End et al. If, on day 1 East Stand (or the SE corner) had been 'Popside' then it would have to have changed when we moved to South, whilst we ironed out the kinks in our ground set up. That may have jarred.

South Stand will stay I reckon, until perhaps sometime hopefully a long time from now when we want to remember and honour a lost Ram.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

As Derby are re born...surely it's time we named the South Stand and the rest of them for that matter.  Not a fan of a sponsored stand as they come and go...apart from the Toyota West stand.  We could go back to an old stand name from the BBG, a Legend or something completely new and fresh?

I'll start the ball rolling.....

South Stand - 1884

North Stand - Railway End

East Stand - Popside

West Stand - Toyota (Steve Bloomer Upper & Lower) Stand

South Stand just sounds right to me and should remain as if but the other three could perhaps be renamed.

I don’t think the Popside really suits the East Stand as it’s nothing like what the Popside used to be like and, I don’t really like the sound of the Railway End.

Naming stands after ex players is a tricky one as how much of a legend any particular one was is very subjective. Ex managers is an option but Forest already have Clough and Taylor stands so they’re probably out. If you’re not going to name a stand after Clough then it’s difficult to justify naming a stand after another.

I’m afraid I can’t think of any better options but also, at the end of the day, I don’t really have any problem with their current names.

How about:

West Stand - Clough & Taylor Stand

East Stand - Dave Mackay Stand

That honours our managers who've won the league.

South Stand - Wilmorton End - traditional football ground feel to it.

North Stand - keep it as it is/save it for Clowes