Retained List

17 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Didn’t really know where to post but Paul Warne and Curtis Davies make up 2 of the 3 guests for the L1 playoff final if anyone wants to watch the pre match.

Cheers for that was resting up I’ll bang it on 👍

26 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

Thanks for the info. The Rams' website has him in the U18 squad, but that must only be updated each season. I wonder what list he'll be on in September...

He'll be in whatever age range he fits. Players in those squads can always play in the first team, leaving a space in the 25 man squad for a 21+ aged player.

Agree with the list, only one i would have kept is Wildsmith but im guessing he wants to move or we have someone better lined up.

Cant be sentimental in football and hopefully we can bring in better to replace.

42 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Fair play Simmo this was mostly accurate in terms of the retained list….I still don’t buy that Smith had an attitude problem for being “dropped” when it was injury and recovery that took him out the team though 😉 🍻 

Worded this terribly meant 3-4 players both in and out of contract players. Plus a few loans. Fees likely for 2-3 players 

few names I’ve heard for frees 

Iverson/Walton 

Kane 

Windass /Jackson 

Devante Cole 

Josh knight 

Fuchs Peterborough 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Worded this terribly meant 3-4 players both in and out of contract players. Plus a few loans. Fees likely for 2-3 players 

Iverson/Walton 

Kane 

Windass /Jackson 

Devante Cole 

Josh knight 

Fuchs Peterborough 

Fuchs the guy who can’t get a game for peterborough, sure.

3 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Fuchs the guy who can’t get a game for peterborough, sure.

Played 61 games since 2022, got two serious injuries this season. 

I’ve learned not to read into that too much after Ebou was pretty much in the same spot before signing 

This is the goalkeepers' union with our promotion trophy. Jack holding the trophy. 

How well do you think he'll stand up to being bullied by big forwards at corners? 

Needs to grow and put some bulk on before we throw him to the wolves in the Championship.

Fwiw, I've seen him play a fair bit. He's an excellent shot-stopper but has put the team in a mess with some rash passing out from the back.  

Evans, on the right, is much stronger physically. Also a good shot-stopper, but had a bit of a 'mare in the Central League Cup final recently. 

Neither of them are first-team ready.

Screenshot_20240518_145431_Instagram.jpg

I think i'll be hearing over the next few days exactly who we're in for with a lot of details. Already know some.  As per, I won't put any particular details on here though unless it becomes more public and confusion needs clearing, as I can't be arsed with 24 hrs of people screaming that i'm talking out my rear and demanding sources.  I don't why people bother.  Take it or leave it without the grief handed out in spades.  No need really. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is the goalkeepers' union with our promotion trophy. Jack holding the trophy. 

How well do you think he'll stand up to being bullied by big forwards at corners? 

Needs to grow and put some bulk on before we throw him to the wolves in the Championship.

Fwiw, I've seen him play a fair bit. He's an excellent shot-stopper but has put the team in a mess with some rash passing out from the back.  

Evans, on the right, is much stronger physically. Also a good shot-stopper, but had a bit of a 'mare in the Central League Cup final recently. 

Thompson looks well short compared to the other keepers. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think i'll be hearing over the next few days exactly who we're in for with a lot of details. Already know some.  As per, I won't put any particular details on here though unless it becomes more public and confusion needs clearing, as I can't be arsed with 24 hrs of people screaming that i'm talking out my rear and demanding sources.  I don't why people bother.  Take it or leave it without the grief handed out in spades.  No need really. 

happy people GIF

pauper begging child GIF

We’ve got the retained list now, we need more stuff to be impatient about… 😁 

28 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Iverson/Walton 

Kane 

Windass /Jackson 

Devante Cole 

Josh knight 

Fuchs Peterborough 

Is it your same contact Simmo? Thanks for sharing 😉

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Great to see, but I do wish we'd focus on bigger keepers. Do 17-year-olds still grow? I'm encouraged that Iversen is reputedly 6 foot 4 inches, when Joe was only 6 foot and Jack Thompson looks much smaller. A shame for Harry Evans in the final - is he bigger or just nearer to the camera? I guess when you sign people up at a young age, you're not certain how tall they'll end up.

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The forum equivalent of ‘I have a girlfriend but she doesn’t go to this school and you won’t know her’.

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

Spot on! Promising lad for sure and I think he could make the top table in time, but if we start the season with Jack as our #1 stopper, I'll eat my underpants. He's only 17!! 

The signs seem to point to Iverson.

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Great to see, but I do wish we'd focus on bigger keepers. Do 17-year-olds still grow? I'm encouraged that Iversen is reputedly 6 foot 4 inches, when Joe was only 6 foot and Jack Thompson looks much smaller. A shame for Harry Evans in the final - is he bigger or just nearer to the camera? I guess when you sign people up at a young age, you're not certain how tall they'll end up.

That last sentence is exactly it. You just don't know at 8, 10, 11 years.

Lads do tend to grow later than girls so could still grow a bit. Harry Evans is much taller, maybe 6' 2/3". 

Pound for pound, Jack has bags more talent, imo, but his lack of  physicality may hold him back. A bit like Harrison Foulkes. 

I always think of Cashin. If he was as tall as his dad or brother, he'd be unstoppable. Has learned ways to compensate because he's a damned good footballer, but much harder for a goalkeeper to do that.