Early opening pubs

49 minutes ago, angieram said:

How many will be sober enough to actually see the match? 😂

It's a pity we can't get a few more building the atmosphere inside the ground, rather than in local hostelries. I take it some people only know how to support the team when they are half cut? 

So did you want me to bring a bacon butty for you to the Neptune at 06:30 orrrr..?

4 hours ago, therams69 said:

Like Sunday shopping hours .... Imagine due to 'laws'

Precisely... 30 mins browsing/filling the trolley before they can legally turn the tills on.  Makes sense/Good idea... for a shop!

I sniff some "cash only" transactions afoot!  🤣

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

They’ll be plenty in and around the ground Angie. The bar at the back of the Soith Stand gets really busy usually from an hour before kick off as well as the fan park tent and the bars on the concourse.

I’m gonna make a real effort to get to my seat before the players come out for once!

🐏

I'm presuming that Curtis Nelson will get his POTS award pitchside pre-game? That's worth turning up early for, imo. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

It's a pity we can't get a few more building the atmosphere inside the ground, rather than in local hostelries. I take it some people only know how to support the team when they are half cut? 

I don't drink as much nowadays but I might have a few Saturday! I used to think there were 44 players on the pitch until recently. Then 22 magically disappeared if you closed one eye 🤪

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm presuming that Curtis Nelson will get his POTS award pitchside pre-game? That's worth turning up early for, imo. 

Yes, let’s get the crowd in position well before kickoff and get the place buzzing.

Close the concourse bars early.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Wish mash yoo tokkin baatt?

2 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I for one never drink before or at the match and I'm at my seat 20 minutes before kick off. Don't understand the need to have half a gallon of ale before going to the game. Particularly at 9am!

Not that I don't like a pint, just don't bother at the game. It goes straight through!

Fully agree about the awful music and other nonsense like that poem coming out of the speakers so loud you have to shout at the person next to you

I can’t because these days I’d spend more time going to the loo than watching the game 😩

Leave Schiphol at 0615 UK time, arrive Brum 0730. 0803 tom New Street. 0830 to Derby arriving at 0904. Straight to hotel, drop my case off and straight to the Neppy for 0930. Pace myself nicely to finish #4 or thereabouts in time to get the Neppy bus at 1200ish.

I will not be seeing double or even hazily during the game but can't vouch I'll be able to say the same, or much at all, come midnight...

Anybody intoxicated after a mere 4 or 5 beers shouldn't drink. Especially of they're going to the football.

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

You can't really build the atmosphere inside the ground because of the crap music played too loudly,  although it will probably be bouncing in the South stand concourse. 

I'll probably have 3 or 4 pre match pints, but am out that night,  so saving myself. 

I think the music choices have been okay TBF.

Yes, it’s loud but we’re all old gits in our area and toes are tapped. 

I might have one drink before the game but no more than that.

I like to focus on the play, not abuse the opposition with a vocabulary of about ten words, most of them involving defecation of some kind or another.