What were you doing ten years ago today?

Not a Bamford fan (as is the case with many Rams supporters I would imagine) but one of, if not THE pass of the season for goal No.3.

Also the hilarious (and for him embarrassing) protestations of Darlow when conceding the penalty. CLOWN!!!

Remember it well.

Was on holiday in Tenerife, sat in the bar wearing my Rams shirt with a lager in front of me(well, that's what they called it) listening via Rams player.

I started off with my usual nerves but as the game progressed the "lager" flowed and the grin grew and grew and grew!

At 7.10 pm 10 years ago I was celebrating like crazy! What a day! And I had the priviledge of starting the "Sign him up! Sign him up! Sign him up!" song for Gorgeous George who looked absolutely at home in that team!

In reality the thrashing had much to with Billy doing what Billy does. He had already embarked on his next exit plan, badmouthing the Forest Board for not supporting Billy Davis when Billy Davis wanted to sign more players! He picked an absolutely awful formation, and had split the squad in two, and then set them against each other. There was no way on God's earth that Forest were going to be able to compete, with the poison mini-man intending that the thrashing would bring about his sacking. What a disgusting way to treat your player and the clubs supporters to fulfil his own pocket-lining agenda. ...................... Oh well, never mind!

And yes, that match lives long in the memory, as do the coffee cup and the 10-man matches. I like living in Derby when these things happen!

My youngest was 2 days old, I missed the match because of that. But, he was sat with me in his Derby County onesie (for at least some of it) watching it on TV. The first game he "saw" was that one. Will forever remember it for so many reasons, that, and the fact that it signified the implosion of Notts and the coming of Derby. Sigh. Good times.

I think we hadn’t scored in the previous 4 games but created loads of chances.  Me and my mates had arranged to go into town after the game so Mrs FBM dropped me off.  I remember saying to her on the way “someone’s in for a stuffing, and I hope it’s these”.  OK, there may have been the odd expletive in that sentence.

I seem to remember seeing a chap Jorrocks with a Rams shirt on a something like “Bryson 3-0” on it, age muddles the mind.  It’s fair to say, we stayed out longer than we planned and drank considerably more than we planned!!

Sat in a sports bar in Manchester with my brother-in-law. Somehow two Manchester sisters found themselves a Derby fan each!

After the fourth goal a manc comes over and says "you can calm down now boys, you're going to win". I think our response was something like, "this is ducking forest, we're going to enjoy it!"

4 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

Just watched the highlights back. My god I miss that squad of players. What a team. 

My lads were younger, it’s funny though other than the Lampard season, the eldest said last weekend for different reasons this season is one of the most exciting they can remember since the Mac 1 team.

He qualified it that the football is nowhere near as good or easy on the eye, but for the first time he’s excited we could go up automatic. He barely remembers the Davis team and following season (phew). Kind of gave me fresh perspective about that season, we were so good, yet faltered.

So now I don’t care, I’d just like them to have a successful promotion memory, head into town after Carlisle game and I’ll live all my glory day memories, whilst they enjoy their first true promotion one. 

Still feel that team would’ve evolved in the Prem, maybe struggled but for all the great wins; it just always reminds them of that final.

4 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think we hadn’t scored in the previous 4 games but created loads of chances.  Me and my mates had arranged to go into town after the game so Mrs FBM dropped me off.  I remember saying to her on the way “someone’s in for a stuffing, and I hope it’s these”.  OK, there may have been the odd expletive in that sentence.

I seem to remember seeing a chap Jorrocks with a Rams shirt on a something like “Bryson 3-0” on it, age muddles the mind.  It’s fair to say, we stayed out longer than we planned and drank considerably more than we planned!!

Yes. I was back visiting from the US and attended just those four games… not a single goal to celebrate. I flew back to Chicago on the Thursday and two days later we were scoring 5 against Forest. Initially I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry… but of course why would I cry after such an awesome result?!?

Even I had stirred myself to drive up for the match in time to stand outside the players entrance and boo Billy when he got off the Forest team coach.

Warwick services was fun later on comparing notes from the day with various other supporters groups.

Was sat with a mate in the West stand towards the north stand. Right level with Johnny Russell as he swung his left peg for the 4th.....