What were you doing ten years ago today?

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

My son Edward was mascot that day. Living in West Bridgford & surrounded by Red Dogs at school, Derby County had the foresight to offer the job to Edward…He fully milked the bragging rights accordingly at school on the Monday morning. 😉

53f27151-1843-431a-bb9c-c75f6e989c5f.jpeg

Edward was wearing black Adidas Kaiser 5’s that day; Jake Buxton said to Edward in the dressing room pre-match “Thems proper boots yeuth”. I still have them. 

I was in the South Stand right next to the Florist fans, lost my voice and pretty much my mind.

Slightly depressing hearing the names in that commentary - what a team, what a time.

Onwards with promotion from the third division COYR

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

I loved reading all the great stories of ten years' ago. 

Hard to believe that silky smooth team ultimately didn't deliver for us. It's been a bumpy road ever since.

Maybe the grittier but effective fight of the current team will give us something to really celebrate this season instead.

Up the Rams! 

As soon as QPR had a player sent off in the final I knew we'd struggle. The one thing that team (or maybe the tactics / style) couldn't seem to do was break down teams that "parked the bus", which is what had happened in the run of matches before the Florist match and again happened in the final.

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

I loved reading all the great stories of ten years' ago. 

Hard to believe that silky smooth team ultimately didn't deliver for us. It's been a bumpy road ever since.

Maybe the grittier but effective fight of the current team will give us something to really celebrate this season instead.

Up the Rams! 

One mistake at Wembley then injudicious purchases. 

It's interesting that in terms of play, many of us still hold that up as an example despite it only lasting 15 months.

15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not a Bamford fan (as is the case with many Rams supporters I would imagine) but one of, if not THE pass of the season for goal No.3.

Also the hilarious (and for him embarrassing) protestations of Darlow when conceding the penalty. CLOWN!!!

Never quite understood the animosity towards Bamford. I obviously missed something back then (was having a terrible time at work so a lot passed me by) but I thought he was a decent player for us. Please someone help me out, why we do we dislike him?

31 minutes ago, Smalley Ram said:

Never quite understood the animosity towards Bamford. I obviously missed something back then (was having a terrible time at work so a lot passed me by) but I thought he was a decent player for us. Please someone help me out, why we do we dislike him?

It is  because of what he was like afterwards, as he had links to the Trees. And when he returned playing for Middlesbrough we all saw him as a dirty, diving cheat, and he still is.

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It is  because of what he was like afterwards, as he had links to the Trees. And when he returned playing for Middlesbrough we all saw him as a dirty, diving cheat, and he still is.

Cheers, that's all fairly familiar but I remember fans being a bit anti him whilst he was playing for us