What were you doing ten years ago today?

I remember when the first goal went in and, amidst the celebrations, I accidentally elbowed the woman next to me in the head. And not even lightly - a proper thud.

Fair play she laughed it off but I was genuinely concerned I'd concussed her.

Me, my 2 lads together in the East Stand, towards the front, just south of the penalty area at the north end. A family was sat behind us, husband, wife and 2 kids. We'd been chatting pre match in the concourse. At 3-0, 'er indoors was still not sure we'd win as those "Red Dogs" will come back at us. She became a little less nervous at 4-0. When the 5th went in she could finally relax, knowing we were out of sight.

23 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Me, my 2 lads together in the East Stand, towards the front, just south of the penalty area at the north end. A family was sat behind us, husband, wife and 2 kids. We'd been chatting pre match in the concourse. At 3-0, 'er indoors was still not sure we'd win as those "Red Dogs" will come back at us. She became a little less nervous at 4-0. When the 5th went in she could finally relax, knowing we were out of sight.

Probably remembers the 4-2 when we were 3 nil up.  That one too me was even better. Both trying to stay up and we both knew whoever won was probably sending the other down.  Atmosphere was ridiculous that day in the wind.  5-0 was a fantastic day but we took the foot off.  Should have been 7 or 8 they were that bad.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Can't believe it's ten years! 

That's all a tad too excitable for me, in all honesty.

I prefer the more staid and less biased commo on this version...

One of those never to be forgotten match day experiences that football supporting is literally all about. 
Had Muckerette by my side.  Jumping for joy in the aisles.  Hugging all those strangers around us! A nigh on perfect view of JR's glorious 4th goal, as it headed towards us in the NE corner.
We both left the stadium hoarse, absolutely shattered, and in fairness, a little astounded at just how bloody fantastically well the afternoon had gone!  I doubt any of us had THAT in the prediction league!  

#Stuff of dreams.
#the perfectstorm
#10 bloody years, eh!  😲

marvellous-ron-manager.gif.fd3c21bb12def3becc88094d3f127ad5.gif.42f9f360c7ecb3ef4919785489e75784.gif

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably remembers the 4-2 when we were 3 nil up.  That one too me was even better. Both trying to stay up and we both knew whoever won was probably sending the other down.  Atmosphere was ridiculous that day in the wind.  5-0 was a fantastic day but we took the foot off.  Should have been 7 or 8 they were that bad.

The Kenco Cup game. I was over for that one too. Another great day out.

30/1/2010. We hadn't won for something like 8 games. The Dogs hadn't lost in over 20 games. I was over with a PSV supporting teammate of mine over here. We were in the SW lower. 78th minute we got a free kick in the NE corner. I told my mate, Commons FK, Hulse header at the near post. Goal. I got that one right.

Later that day, in Jorrocks, folk heard us talking Dutch. Found out I was expat and my mate Dutch. They thought it brilliant we'd come over for the game. Next 4 or 5 pints were donated by complete strangers. Great day out.

At the game in the south stand ❤️

A few things I remember from this:
We were winless and i think goalless in a few games - clearly saved them for this game!

Georgous George Thorne’s debut for us then he never looked out of place.

Bye Bye Billy 👋

3 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

30/1/2010. We hadn't won for something like 8 games. The Dogs hadn't lost in over 20 games. I was over with a PSV supporting teammate of mine over here. We were in the SW lower. 78th minute we got a free kick in the NE corner. I told my mate, Commons FK, Hulse header at the near post. Goal. I got that one right.

Later that day, in Jorrocks, folk heard us talking Dutch. Found out I was expat and my mate Dutch. They thought it brilliant we'd come over for the game. Next 4 or 5 pints were donated by complete strangers. Great day out.

Best bit of that day bar the goal was McEverley doing his only real stand out thing in a Derby shirt using a football to punch Gunter in the face.