Heinz baked beans are good for your heart,

The more you eat the more you fart,

The more you fart the better you feel,

So eat baked beans with every meal.

Anon

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

In the bin. Hate them. 

Even opening a tin for Miss Wolfie makes me gag

Crack the tin open and a tablespoon full of cold beans to munch on...there is a God 😊

PS...Aldi/Lidl Beans will p!ss on all other known tins of 👍

Edited by Ram-Alf

14 hours ago, David said:

On your plate or in a separate pot?

In a pot every time , if not they just make everything taste of beans 🤷🏻‍♂️, it’s a funny one as I never ever eat beans at home but will have them when served up with a breakfast ( full English ) in a cafe or some such 

22 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Neither need contact with plate or pot

A nicer man I have never met, Nicky always had an hello how are you tonight, 11pm half cut a visit to Nickeys, A tray of chips n gravy with a battered sausage balanced on top, If I could get to spot bogs and sit down before the sausage fell off the tray...success.

More often than not the sausage fell on the road...pick it up dust it down and hold on for dear life until I could sit down, Taxi home and collapse on the settee ☺️

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

In the casserole.

I made a sausage casserole and stoemp (Belgian mashed potatoes) tonight - blooming awesome and dirt cheap.

• 400g  sliced pork and leek sausage
  • 200g chestnut mushrooms
  • 1 sliced onion
  • 1 tin baked beans
  • 300g potatoes
  • 1 leek, washed and sliced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 dessert spoon garlic paste
  • 1 dessert spoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
  • Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
  • pinch of oregano
  • 20g butter
  • 20g double cream

Casserole recipe

• Fry onion in 10 g of butter
  • Add mushroom, continue frying for 2 minutes
  • Add sausage and garlic, continue frying for 5 minutes
  • Add Worcestershire Sauce, Paprika, Oregano
  • Add baked beans
  • Stir well
  • Transfer to casserole dish

Stoemp recipe

• Steam potatoes, carrots and leek.
  • Mash potatoes with 10g butter, double cream and Dijon mustard
  • Fold in carrots and leek

Cook casserole in medium oven (Gas mark 5) for 45 minutes

Microwave Stoemp

Serve accompanied with bottle of St Bernardus Abt 12 (the beer probably cost more than the rest of the dinner)

Tres continentale I must say.

Seems a lot of work for bangers and mash.😉

3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

A nicer man I have never met, Nicky always had an hello how are you tonight, 11pm half cut a visit to Nickeys, A tray of chips n gravy with a battered sausage balanced on top, If I could get to spot bogs and sit down before the sausage fell off the tray...success.

More often than not the sausage fell on the road...pick it up dust it down and hold on for dear life until I could sit down, Taxi home and collapse on the settee ☺️

Girl I went to school with was Greek Cypriot and got married, we were invited. I've never seen such of collections in the car park all owned by (tbf - very hard working) Chippy owners.

I do hope, btw, I'm misreading this post and you didn't make a point of eating your sausage and chips in a public loo. That really is a bit weird.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Girl I went to school with was Greek Cypriot and got married, we were invited. I've never seen such of collections in the car park all owned by (tbf - very hard working) Chippy owners.

I do hope, btw, I'm misreading this post and you didn't make a point of eating your sausage and chips in a public loo. That really is a bit weird.

Saw a load of chicken bones in a tray in a portaloo at a festival once.  I can only assume they ate them in the most toxic environment on earth whilst taking a crap.  Always stuck with me that vision.  

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw a load of chicken bones in a tray in a portaloo at a festival once.  I can only assume they ate them in the most toxic environment on earth whilst taking a crap.  Always stuck with me that vision.  

I once went to a toilet in China where I couldn't breathe for the smell. On the way out I saw a banana skin in the corner.

C'mon - this has got to be worth it's own thread.

49 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

No eaten outside on the steps 😊

I've an old Friend...Felix Frixou who owns Daimler-Benz in Duffield, His Mum and Dad(Greek Cypriots)owned the chippy opposite the Beau Brummel in Chadd...he also played squash for Cyprus

Lally's chippy next door to the Chadd Jubilee their Son drove a Merc sports, And yes both did long hours for a very good reward 👍

Edited by Ram-Alf