Reading Owner Sells Training Ground to Wycombe Wanderers

JfR

25 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not disputing those things. But I think given we know how it feels we all should unite against the club killer that is Couhig. 

Lots of comments like this.  Go bust no but assist them also no.

I'd hate  some 10 yr old too lose their club. But I would happily see a few years of misery for many after their b*******. Unless it was Birmingham as I'd class that as saving those kids from themselves. 

Nah f*** 'em. They wouldn't feel one iota of sympathy if the shoe was on the other foot.

Other clubs would probably make some comment like "Well Reading have no history, are massively tin pot, no one would miss them".

Exactly this! Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think football would have a much healthier future if we put aside history and rivalry and supported any club in a desperate plight. 

Yeah there were Reading fans that took the piss, but there would have been plenty that were supportive. And I’d rather support them with their struggles, which are looking just as bad as ours were, so we don’t lose another football club.

There are far too many rich elites running and ruining the game for us peasants to be fighting amongst ourselves. 

There might well have been Reading fans who were supportive, I just didn't see any evidence of it, not even in response to posts like the one I highlighted.

I don't WANT their club to disappear, I'm just indifferent about it. 

14 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

Some of our fans in the south stand on Tuesday night were chanting about partying when Reading die. I hated it when any opposition fans sang it during our troubles. Our fans chanting the same at others is disgusting too.

That still rankles with me now and I (like many) said at the time that if other clubs got in trouble that we'd like to think that we wouldn't stoop to that sort of stuff. I still stand by that, apart from the obvious and IMHO necessary exception of Birmingham City who didn't just do it, they took absolute delight in it when we were about to slip under. At that time were looked utterly screwed and they loved every minute of it....... 96th minute.. f*** you...

In terms of the wider debate, I'm pretty 'meh' about Reading. As with us, much of their situation was self inflicted and they were pushing their luck with the loans even as it was starting to disintegrate around them, but regardless, I certainly wouldn't want them to go out of business - we've stared down that particular barrel and almost lost our club. Their fans are just fans at the end of the day though and just want to have a club left to support. Perhaps some of them will be a little less judgemental in the future if they can get through this.

Couhig however is a piece of work who (based on that sign off) seems to actually enjoy the opportunities he has to screw other clubs up, so I can't help but naturally come down on the side of anyone who has a problem with him. I'll file him under 'Birmingham City & other evil entities'.

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

In terms of the wider debate, I'm pretty 'meh' about Reading. As with us, much of their situation was self inflicted and they were pushing their luck with the loans even as it was starting to disintegrate around them, but regardless, I certainly wouldn't want them to go out of business - we've stared down that particular barrel and almost lost our club. Their fans are just fans at the end of the day though and just want to have a club left to support. Perhaps some of them will be a little less judgemental in the future if they can get through this.

Couhig however is a piece of work who (based on that sign off) seems to actually enjoy the opportunities he has to screw other clubs up, so I can't help but naturally come down on the side of anyone who has a problem with him. I'll file him under 'Birmingham City & other evil entities'.

2 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

if other clubs got in trouble that we'd like to think that we wouldn't stoop to that sort of stuff

Unfortunately, it's become pretty evident having moved away from Derby, that there is a quite large section of our fanbase that are absolute morons that do stoop to that level. Watched many an idiot after too many shandies on a Saturday away kicking off at people in other towns on away days for no reason

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

OPENING GAMBIT 

If true, and it’s a huge if, on completely non emotional business terms it would be a no brainier. A premier league level training facility for buttons.

In the real world with emotion and passion etc, the optics of this move would be awful. Especially after the whole derby ambulance chasing accusations.

https://gasroom.org/discussion/8749/reading-offer-bearwood-training-ground-to-wycombe

And slightly lower down before I stopped reading….

Let's not forget the abuse we got from Derby fans during the legal case. Their words were mostly unfounded

Where was the legal case against Reading? No? They know exactly what they did and exactly what they are. Or judging by the crap above, maybe they don’t! Anyway, hope they enjoy their new car park. Odious. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

And slightly lower down before I stopped reading….

Let's not forget the abuse we got from Derby fans during the legal case. Their words were mostly unfounded

Where was the legal case against Reading? No? They know exactly what they did and exactly what they are. Or judging by the crap above, maybe they don’t! Anyway, hope they enjoy their new car park. Odious. 

Unfounded, ha.

Wycombe knew we couldn't defend their claim as we didn't have time and it was a potential blocker to a sale. It was extortion plain and simple. Revolting little club.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I read somewhere Couhig is looking for an exit strategy from Wycombe, this is a method whereby he adds a fairly significant asset to the book value of the club he's looking to sell and also removes a fairly significant asset away from a much bigger club within a similar location who could attract potential buyers. It's a no brainer for someone who is strictly business driven. 

This is a huge blow for Reading, though, who will undoubtedly see their academy picked apart and dismantled soon. I'd be surprised if they're able to avoid liquidation and don't have to start again. They don't see 160 years of trading IMO. 

Well they are not in administration yet - despite their protests they have been treated very leniently by the EFL in comparison to ourselves in my humble opinion. Yes it’s not nice when an owner won’t put anymore money into something you love but they need a new owner who will buy the debt because the stadium has been sold off and the training ground will be unless it’s dirty money and good luck finding a new owner and that’s only going to happen now if it’s from Administration in a similar way to ourselves.

They have difficult times ahead and another club with a category 1 academy in dire trouble 

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Unfounded, ha.

Wycombe knew we couldn't defend their claim as we didn't have time and it was a potential blocker to a sale. It was extortion plain and simple. Revolting little club.

We are all aware of Couhig and his practices but is there any evidence DCFC/Clowes paid out any monies to this creature from the Black Lagoon.

A car park was extended but at who's cost, He waffled on with his interview with Dawes but nothing of note was revealed, It surely must be in their accounts somewhere or to be in their accounts to come🤷‍♂️

Middlesboro's payment of circa £3million is well documented so why not WWs?

Edited by Ram-Alf

44 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

We are all aware of Couhig and his practices but is there any evidence DCFC/Clowes paid out any monies to this creature from the Black Lagoon.

A car park was extended but at who's cost, He waffled on with his interview with Dawes but nothing of note was revealed, It surely must be in their accounts somewhere or to be in their accounts to come🤷‍♂️

Middlesboro's payment of circa £3million is well documented so why not WWs?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-rob-couhig-7512397
"We have arrived at an economic money settlement that was conditional on how much their assets ultimately got sold for."
"We are making our economic plans with the assumption that the money we got...and I cannot tell you the amount, but I can tell you it was well worth the money we spent to go get it."

55 minutes ago, JfR said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wycombe-rob-couhig-7512397
"We have arrived at an economic money settlement that was conditional on how much their assets ultimately got sold for."
"We are making our economic plans with the assumption that the money we got...and I cannot tell you the amount, but I can tell you it was well worth the money we spent to go get it."

So Quantuma paid out and it went on the bill for Clowes Development?, Hate to sound a sceptic...but Couhig says a lot of things as he's a loud mouthed Yank.

As the story in the DET was dated 26th August 2022 it's not in those accounts as account was up to June 2022, So I await the next accounts in November 2024

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05132509

Just been reading about this, didn’t realise the bloke had already killed off 2 clubs, one in China, another in Belgium.

Literally killed off. They now no longer exist.

He then tried to buy Hull whilst in the Prem, failed the fit and proper tests, yet the EFL just wave him on through to buy Reading.

Possibly why they have been lenient on Reading, realised what a monumental F up they’ve made.

With that as your ownership CV, how was he ever allowed to buy a club in this country is truly shocking.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Just been reading about this, didn’t realise the bloke had already killed off 2 clubs, one in China, another in Belgium.

With that as your ownership CV, how was he ever allowed to buy a club in this country is truly shocking.

Nuff said

image.png.df4cf5620367b7d97b61ae7130e205f4.png

Edited by Ram-Alf

31 minutes ago, David said:

He then tried to buy Hull whilst in the Prem, failed the fit and proper tests, yet the EFL just wave him on through to buy Reading.

Possibly why they have been lenient on Reading, realised what a monumental F up they’ve made.

To be fair, he bought Reading in 2017, with Roeselare folding in 2020, and Beijing Renhe in 2021