Bolton sellout.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes. 32,538 is what I heard the announcer say

Me too but the screen did say 358, ESPN have it as 538. 358 would suit me better for our pub guess the gate competition though 😃

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

Not sure it does tbh. It was very full today

How could he have known what the “attendance” was in advance then?

As it was, I was say it was pretty accurate but he couldn’t have known that when he said the attendance “will be”.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How could he have known what the “attendance” was in advance then?

As it was, I was say it was pretty accurate but he couldn’t have known that when he said the attendance “will be”.

There seems to be an amazing amount of focus on one word from Dominic Dietrich. It just looked full today - much narrower segregation bands, very few gaps visible from where I was sat. TBF though, there was about 50 empty seats in our section 10 minutes before halftime as people's bladders burst and starving children were taken to the nearest aid truck to have life-saving crap shoveled into their gobs.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There seems to be an amazing amount of focus on one word from Dominic Dietrich. It just looked full today - much narrower segregation bands, very few gaps visible from where I was sat. TBF though, there was about 50 empty seats in our section 10 minutes before halftime as people's bladders burst and starving children were taken to the nearest aid truck to have life-saving crap shoveled into their gobs.

I think you’re completely missing my point. Yes it was pretty full and the figure he gave probably wasn’t far off but how can he say “it WILL be…….” before most of us had gone through the turnstiles?

It’s no big deal if the attendance they announce is actually tickets sold rather than actual bums on seats. I was just trying to put to bed the speculation as to which is used.

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

You'd need Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang to get from the South Coast to the Midlands this weekend with the M25 knackered.

A38...M5/M6/M42/A38...where the fcuk does the M25 come into it 😁

One thing's for certain... it wasn't full.

My seat was empty, due to me being on a hospital bedside vigil from 3pm yesterday until we said goodbye to my almost-93 year old F-I-L at 17:15 today, at which stage I was still none the wiser as to the fantastic news emanating from the other side of town!
I'm gonna leave the matchday thread catch up for now, as I'm shattered, suffice to say, I hope each and every one of you who did turn up have had a bloody fantastic day.

What. A. Result!

Up The Effin' Rams!  🐏

2 hours ago, sage said:

I said 31 something

31,000 and 1,358

I would have been happy with 31,000.  Actual crowd is staggering.  

FWIW, there were five empty seats in front of me.

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

One thing's for certain... it wasn't full.

My seat was empty, due to me being on a hospital bedside vigil from 3pm yesterday until we said goodbye to my almost-93 year old F-I-L at 17:15 today, at which stage I was still none the wiser as to the fantastic news emanating from the other side of town!
I'm gonna leave the matchday thread catch up for now, as I'm shattered, suffice to say, I hope each and every one of you who did turn up have had a bloody fantastic day.

What. A. Result!

Up The Effin' Rams!  🐏

Sorry to hear that x

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you’re completely missing my point. Yes it was pretty full and the figure he gave probably wasn’t far off but how can he say “it WILL be…….” before most of us had gone through the turnstiles?

It’s no big deal if the attendance they announce is actually tickets sold rather than actual bums on seats. I was just trying to put to bed the speculation as to which is used.

Semantics. How many people understand the difference between “will” and “should” or “could”. Yes I know they ought to but they don’t. However, given the dwindling number of tickets available on official announcements, it seems perfectly reasonable to make the assumption that this would be a record attendance. In fact, I, as a Grammar Nazi, would have said “it looks like it will be....” rather than “could”