Bolton sellout.

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

One thing's for certain... it wasn't full.

My seat was empty, due to me being on a hospital bedside vigil from 3pm yesterday until we said goodbye to my almost-93 year old F-I-L at 17:15 today, at which stage I was still none the wiser as to the fantastic news emanating from the other side of town!
I'm gonna leave the matchday thread catch up for now, as I'm shattered, suffice to say, I hope each and every one of you who did turn up have had a bloody fantastic day.

What. A. Result!

Up The Effin' Rams!  🐏

Sorry me owd mucker. Despite someone’s age, it still hits you when they go

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sorry to hear that x

Cheers buddy. 🍻

As neither a Ram or Footy fan, it was "Family applause only"!  (One I assume only footy fans will understand!)

I did sign him off with a warranted "Well batted, that man.  Good innings, sir".

It was time, to be fair.  He was one of the gentler gents, despite being from Ilson!  👀

I did enquire whether anyone needed any bread or milk at around 14:15, but Muckerette just replied "Don't you f**kin' dare"!  🤣

My attention turns specifically and solely to her now, for the foreseeable.  The Rams will need to take second place for a while... just don't tell @B4ev6is!  🐏

20 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Semantics. How many people understand the difference between “will” and “should” or “could”. Yes I know they ought to but they don’t. However, given the dwindling number of tickets available on official announcements, it seems perfectly reasonable to make the assumption that this would be a record attendance. In fact, I, as a Grammar Nazi, would have said “it looks like it will be....” rather than “could”

Quite possibly the case UNLESS they really do announce the attendance as tickets sold and not bums on seats. I think even the least intelligent understand the difference between "will", "should" or could", but some may use the wrong, pretty basic, words in error. That's why I say "unless he meant to say "should" rather than "will"".

At the end of the day though, it matters not. We're a well supported team even if the announced attendance is higher than those actually attending.

Edited by Tamworthram

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers buddy. 🍻

As neither a Ram or Footy fan, it was "Family applause only"!  (One I assume only footy fans will understand!)

I did sign him off with a warranted "Well batted, that man.  Good innings, sir".

It was time, to be fair.  He was one of the gentler gents, despite being from Ilson!  👀

I did enquire whether anyone needed any bread or milk at around 14:15, but Muckerette just replied "Don't you f**kin' dare"!  🤣

My attention turns specifically and solely to her now, for the foreseeable.  The Rams will need to take second place for a while... just don't tell @B4ev6is!  🐏

Condolences to you and the family Mucker old lad. 

On the evidence of yesterday, with seats not often occupied more likely to be filled for the remainder of the season, there's an issue brewing with persistent and sometimes bellicose standing at the top of the south end of the West Stand Upper. Fans who didn't want someone standing infront of them had to face down fans who thought they could bully others into accepting their ignorant behaviour. A couple of stewards came up to take a look, but did sweet FA to force the belligerents to comply with the stadium rules. In fairness, they were severely outnumbered. If these fans persist, I can see the club being forced to bar match by match sales up there.

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

On the evidence of yesterday, with seats not often occupied more likely to be filled for the remainder of the season, there's an issue brewing with persistent and sometimes bellicose standing at the top of the south end of the West Stand Upper. Fans who didn't want someone standing infront of them had to face down fans who thought they could bully others into accepting their ignorant behaviour. A couple of stewards came up to take a look, but did sweet FA to force the belligerents to comply with the stadium rules. In fairness, they were severely outnumbered. If these fans persist, I can see the club being forced to bar match by match sales up there.

The only way round it is to allow clubs to rebuild stands and make proper terracing areas again, but sure it will never be sanctioned by the authorities.

12 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

The only way round it is to allow clubs to rebuild stands and make proper terracing areas again, but sure it will never be sanctioned by the authorities.

Creating a couple of blocks for further safe standing areas available on a match by match basis only might work, though that will inevitably mean asking ST holders to move, which will only end up alienating them instead of those currently having to put up with this behaviour. If this is allowed to continue though, I can see a few punch-ups starting.

9 hours ago, Kinder said:

I wouldn’t have complete confidence in what he says. He definitely introduced Kane Wilson as Kane Williams earlier this season…

I think it's time the announcer was subbed

45 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Everyone who pays for a seat should have the right to watch the match without someone standing up in front of them. A lot of people cannot stand, and children have got no chance of seeing the game. To me the people that block views are very selfish.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Creating a couple of blocks for further safe standing areas available on a match by match basis only might work, though that will inevitably mean asking ST holders to move, which will only end up alienating them instead of those currently having to put up with this behaviour. If this is allowed to continue though, I can see a few punch-ups starting.

Safe standing is basically people standing in an allocated seat, in my opinion it doesn’t address the issue. Terracing is not unsafe , done properly. 

2 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Safe standing is basically people standing in an allocated seat, in my opinion it doesn’t address the issue. Terracing is not unsafe , done properly. 

It will be interesting to see how safe standing at Portsmouth plays out.

Supporters are supposed to stand in their allocated position, the problem is fans, and their mates can’t always buy tickets in the same area if they are different category away members which usually means they just congregate on the stairs or cram into seating areas.

Portsmouth have said they will be monitoring it, we shall see.

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

You never been injured on the Popside? It was a bloody nightmare at times! 

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

You never been injured on the Popside? It was a bloody nightmare at times! 

I always made sure I was standing in front of one the barriers to avoid getting crushed (obviously not to the same degree as those poor individuals at Hillsborough but still uncomfortable) if/when Derby scored.

The only way I could see traditional terracing ever working and being acceptable again is if the terrace was divided into relatively small pens and the people entering each pen is strictly controlled based on the ticket you've purchased. I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I always made sure I was standing in front of one the barriers to avoid getting crushed (obviously not to the same degree as those poor individuals at Hillsborough but still uncomfortable) if/when Derby scored.

The only way I could see traditional terracing ever working and being acceptable again is if the terrace was divided into relatively small pens and the people entering each pen is strictly controlled based on the ticket you've purchased. I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement.

So did I but I have still been swept away on several occasions. The worst was when I got sucked right under by the surge when we scored against Man United. I was battered and bruised for weeks. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

So did I but I have still been swept away on several occasions. The worst was when I got sucked right under by the surge when we scored against Man United. I was battered and bruised for weeks. 

The old Popside was tame compared with the old Holt End at Villa, I used go with my Villa mates quite a lot in the 70s and was forever piling down the biggest terrace (17,000 capacity) in England.

Out of interest, there are many teams in league 1 with terraces for the away fans, which have been at capacity with likes of Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc. Have there been any reports of safety issues at any of these grounds, especially as they're at grounds with less money to spend on safety?

19 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The old Popside was tame compared with the old Holt End at Villa, I used go with my Villa mates quite a lot in the 70s and was forever piling down the biggest terrace (17,000 capacity) in England.

Out of interest, there are many teams in league 1 with terraces for the away fans, which have been at capacity with likes of Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc. Have there been any reports of safety issues at any of these grounds, especially as they're at grounds with less money to spend on safety?

There aren’t many league one teams with terraces for away fans and the ones that do have them tend to be the smaller grounds so only a few rows deep. The biggest terrace anywhere in the football league is the big bank at Exeter City which holds 3,900, but that’s only for home fans.

27 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

There aren’t many league one teams with terraces for away fans and the ones that do have them tend to be the smaller grounds so only a few rows deep. The biggest terrace anywhere in the football league is the big bank at Exeter City which holds 3,900, but that’s only for home fans.

And well behaved neutrals. 😊

Stood on there a few seasons ago for Exeter v Swindon - great experience and it didn't feel too crowded.

I presume there are stricter number limits on those terraces that remain than there used to be. No paying on the gate until you can't get any more in!