Bolton sellout.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

And well behaved neutrals. 😊

Stood on there a few seasons ago for Exeter v Swindon - great experience and it didn't feel too crowded.

I presume there are stricter number limits on those terraces that remain than there used to be. No paying on the gate until you can't get any more in!

Even when you couldn’t get any more in you could still pay on the gate 😉

3 hours ago, angieram said:

So did I but I have still been swept away on several occasions. The worst was when I got sucked right under by the surge when we scored against Man United. I was battered and bruised for weeks. 

Stood in the ossie end when we played spurs, record crowd. Couldn't move when watching the match, you can imagine what it was like when we scored 4 goals I think, everyone  just surged forward.

14 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Stood in the ossie end when we played spurs, record crowd. Couldn't move when watching the match, you can imagine what it was like when we scored 4 goals I think, everyone  just surged forward.

5 goals Kath 😁🐏

2 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

Definitely 5 Kath ~(Unlike us ex Henry Cav to have problems with maths 🤣 Pritchards fault !!) 

Also in the Ossie End for that one. Second tier just above the clock. Had to get there at 1 o/c to get front row with my old friend Robin Morris - where are you now Robin ??

13 hours ago, angieram said:

You never been injured on the Popside? It was a bloody nightmare at times! 

Exactly my point, done properly It isn’t unsafe. The old days of terracing where people just rammed in until no one could move isn’t the answer either of course😃

30 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Exactly my point, done properly It isn’t unsafe. The old days of terracing where people just rammed in until no one could move isn’t the answer either of course😃

It certainly wasn’t safe that day, I remember the crowd surges it was wonder no one was seriously hurt. A great atmosphere and marvellous football though🐏

7 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Definitely 5 Kath ~(Unlike us ex Henry Cav to have problems with maths 🤣 Pritchards fault !!) 

Also in the Ossie End for that one. Second tier just above the clock. Had to get there at 1 o/c to get front row with my old friend Robin Morris - where are you now Robin ??

Was at the game, what a season that was. Also remember Jack? Pritchard! Good times…🙂

21 hours ago, Crewton said:

Creating a couple of blocks for further safe standing areas available on a match by match basis only might work, though that will inevitably mean asking ST holders to move, which will only end up alienating them instead of those currently having to put up with this behaviour. If this is allowed to continue though, I can see a few punch-ups starting.

There was an issue in the East Stand upper one block away from the away fans. A fan was shoved three rows downwards by another who had apparently asked him to stop standing up. Pushed fan was ejected by the stewards…

The first block could be made safe standing (obviously it’s going pi** some ST holders off) but IMO, it makes for a better atmosphere when the away fans are surrounded by noise…

12 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

There was an issue in the East Stand upper one block away from the away fans. A fan was shoved three rows downwards by another who had apparently asked him to stop standing up. Pushed fan was ejected by the stewards…

The first block could be made safe standing (obviously it’s going pi** some ST holders off) but IMO, it makes for a better atmosphere when the away fans are surrounded by noise…

That depends whether or not you think fans can't chant as loudly sitting down. Fans standing doesn't guarantee they'll sing more - witness the South Stand at times these last two seasons. Banning mobile phones would be more effective in that respect, then they'd have to concentrate on the game, boring or otherwise. Closing the food and drink concessions while the game is ongoing would also help.

No-one should be forced to stand because someone else wants to break the stadium rules. Some people can't stand for more than a few minutes whether that's due to age or physical problems, but they're no lesser fans than the ones who want to stand.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

That depends whether or not you think fans can't chant as loudly sitting down. Fans standing doesn't guarantee they'll sing more - witness the South Stand at times these last two seasons. Banning mobile phones would be more effective in that respect, then they'd have to concentrate on the game, boring or otherwise. Closing the food and drink concessions while the game is ongoing would also help.

No-one should be forced to stand because someone else wants to break the stadium rules. Some people can't stand for more than a few minutes whether that's due to age or physical problems, but they're no lesser fans than the ones who want to stand.

No problem with any of the above. (Apologies if you felt I inferred that sitting fans were lesser fans than those standing)

I referred to the ‘incident’ in another thread. Happened a few rows in front of me and didn’t see what kicked it off.  I’m in the last block that still sits. The block to my left, next to the away fans, is now pretty much standing only; shouldn’t be, but it is.  Feel sorry for fans who bought tickets there assuming it was seating (it has escalated over the last few seasons).   If you are the only person in ‘my’ block who is standing up then you ought to know you’re in the wrong and sit down. Common courtesy, politeness, not being a selfish d-head… it would be nice to think people wouldn’t need to be asked to sit down in an area where clearly everybody else is seated. 

Quite happy for people to stand where designated, but hope it doesn’t spread. Sat in my seat since Pride Park opened and it would a shame to move. 

Edited by LazloW

17 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Throwing the board rubber at me too much.🤣

18 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

He put us in administration and scarpered never to be seen again. 

Ps- it's usually spelt robbin but I'll not make an issue of it. 😉

Edited by Steve How Hard?