Dajaune Brown goal

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

He may get a five minute cameo in a game then be a unused sub for a game despite everyone clamouring for him to be given a start.

Then he will return to the U21's before being loaned out Micklover Sports before signing for Man City and Warne saying "I love Daj he was a great prospect but we are looking to bring in Michael Smith from Wednesday but it proving difficult.

Hopefully that earns him some more significant gametime. He's a prospect alright, though I think it'll be after the next pre-season that we see him in and around the senior matchday squads. He's only recently turned 18 and if he continues to work hard, he really ought to have a good career in the men's game ahead of him, with a little luck, beginning with us in the Championship next season.

12 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Hopefully that earns him some more significant gametime. He's a prospect alright, though I think it'll be after the next pre-season that we see him in and around the senior matchday squads. He's only recently turned 18 and if he continues to work hard, he really ought to have a good career in the men's game ahead of him, with a little luck, beginning with us in the Championship next season.

Feels like a long time ago that we'd have 15 year olds making the first team squad. Now we have 18 year olds who aren't even first choice strikers at the non-league club we've loaned them to being our "hopes for the future" 😂

21 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Feels like a long time ago that we'd have 15 year olds making the first team squad. Now we have 18 year olds who aren't even first choice strikers at the non-league club we've loaned them to being our "hopes for the future" 😂

Not sure Mason Bennett's career arc really emphasises your point, Stive! 😂

On 04/03/2024 at 10:15, MadAmster said:

I do like how, at the end of the game, all the Gateshead squad shook hands with and thanked every one of their supporters for coming to the match.  I know there were only a 100 or so but even so that was a good gesture.