Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

26 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I have and I did….

And it’s a forum for opinions. And opinions i will give. As per anyone else- just feel free to ignore or debate them….. or move on 😎😎👍

It really was one of those games where hindsight puts a very different perspective on things.

First half we set up to outfight them. Pretty dire match with the only chances from our defence making a mess with headers. 

Second half we started to make attacking changes and became the better team.

Still created precious little until NML burst through and Sibley neatly finished what was barely a half chance.

So...was it a tactical masterclass where we won the game pretty much exactly as Warne's tactics aimed to?

Or were we overly negative, forced to make changes and then a moment of magic won us a game we barely deserved to, against a bang average team at home?

Hindsight now says the former,  but it could very easily be that the alternative was the over riding emotion.

I know football is often like that, but today really was an occasion where the result trumps everything.

Bradley was immense. Adams... Cashin....

Our match winners did very little but that's the way it goes.

Edited by Chester40

36 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Perhaps, if you want to take Warne's place and present a vainglorious attitude toward today's game and wish to expel any doubt whatsoever that there were any faults in our initial lineup.

Unfortunately it seems you're the sort who would read Warne pointing out why it went right/wrong and congratulate him for acknowledging it, while reading the same reasons it went right/wrong from 'anti-warne' posters and castigating them for their opinion.

Yeah of course ,, whatever you say 👍👍👍

19 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I think you'll find most of our team is championship level, not league one.

'One of the best away records' which is actually only 2 wins in their last 7 away games. Kind of shows the poor standard of teams we're up against if anything

Interesting and convenient that you've chosen 7 as your measure of away form (are you sure even that is correct? Haven't they won 3 of their last 7 away league games?). A shorter period shows unbeaten in their last three (before today) with two wins. A longer period shows 5 wins of their last 10.  But hey ho, let's not a few facts get in the way of your continued criticism of the manager.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Are you seriously suggesting NML, Wilson and Barkhuizen aren't attacking players.?

wilson is a defender

He maybe in the process of being converted to a winger, but he's spent almost his whole career as a defender. 

he even has the no. 2 shirt😅

On 16/02/2024 at 17:59, jimtastic56 said:

If things aren’t going well  tommorow , can we stay with the team ? Not for first 15 minutes till the beer wears off , and not on the concourse after 30 minutes . But for 90 + minutes. COYR 

It wasn’t my intention to have a go at anyone . But I really think the fans can get DCFC over the line this season .

11 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I’m not singling out MB with this in any way but just using this post as a starting point….

But why on this forum do so many folk  have to resort to disparaging or nasty remarks towards posters whose opinions they disagree with ? I’ve said before that we are all fans and want success for the Club. We can debate and agree to disagree but criticizing something about the Club does not make someone less of a fan compared with one who always has the rose-tinted specs on. Neither does whether u were at the game or watched it on tv. Neither does the length of time one has been supporting the team.

When I look at other teams’ forums I just don’t see the bile that so often rears its head on here. I know there is a certain ‘clique’ of members on here who will always circle the wagons when one of them is disagreed with etc. There are also certain members who are singled out for special treatment because they are viewed by those members as being negative. But that’s their right. That’s what the forum is supposed to be about.

It should be an inclusive forum not one where people attempt to bludgeon others to accept their or the ‘party’ line.

And to be clear, i and others will strike back if attacked but that’s not what we want to have to do. We won’t be cancelled by the mob. 

This poster I responded to does nothing but criticise the manager 24/7 and imo he is embarrassing considering the position we find ourselves in this season if that's OK with you 

36 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I have and I did….

And it’s a forum for opinions. And opinions i will give. As per anyone else- just feel free to ignore or debate them….. or move on 😎😎👍

Oh the irony 😅

24 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

That’s pretty much how I saw it.  Bradley had his best game in a Rams shirt, I wonder if being captain gave him more confidence?  I think Warne picked the best starting 11 he could given he’d lost Collins on Wednesday and being a bit careful with others coming back.  I also thought his subs were spot on.  Smith allowed Bird more freedom and a bit more positivity on the right with moving Wilson there.  I think if we want Sibley to play in a more attacking role, he’s best as an impact sub and it worked today.  Full credit to Warne, I’ve been critical of his use of subs in the past, but not today.

I’m sorry but I really don’t get this place sometimes.  We’ve taken 6 points this week and opened a gap on 3rd and 4th.  They have games in hand but they’re under pressure to win them and it this stage of the season I’d rather have the points.   We win 3-0 on Tuesday and we didn’t deserve as we only had 30% possession.  We win today and we only had 2 shots on target. They were organised at the back and did OK at nullifying us and we lost our focal point up front in the week.  I despair!!

This place is full of extremely top qualified coaches that have won everything in the professional game of football and top quality professional football players that have won every division, every cup and every award.

😂 😂 😂 😂

We Are Derby. 🐏

Super Derby. 🐏

Super Rams. 🐏

I agree with you. I enjoyed the game, we performed well, in a game, that was always going to be a battle and we won the 3 points. Another great week to be a Derby County supporter. 

Up The Rams 🐏

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Interesting and convenient that you've chosen 7 as your measure of away form (are you sure even that is correct? Haven't they won 3 of their last 7 away league games?). A shorter period shows unbeaten in their last three (before today) with two wins. A longer period shows 5 wins of their last 10.  But hey ho, let's not a few facts get in the way of your continued criticism of the manager.

don't know i just looked at their last 7 matches as that was all that was on the first page. 

Either way you look at it, unbeaten in 3 games or 5 wins out of 10, it still shows how poor the league is 

23 minutes ago, Sandman said:

A determined performance is not a good performance. DCFC were once one of the finest football clubs in the country - and now we are reduced to giving a "determined performance" against a little team called Stevenage in the third division? Look on my works you mighty, and despair, said Brian Clough before he fell into ditch on his way home from the pub to his house in Quardon.  Que Sera. Sera.

eTeSD2.gif

Edited by Crewton