Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

Game going as expected. Not really sure how we win this. 

Bring Sibs on for a defender but then we’re weaker at the back? 

Best hope is that we score from a corner, last kick of the match giving them no time to put the pressure on. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Seems a little condescending and puerile... 🤪

He's obviously decided a powerful team is needed.  Three at center back, Adams... no Hourihane.  

Bit of pace and tricky out wide. Bird as play maker.

Can see the logic. 

Can also see us not retaining the ball very much...

What's your thoughts?

Overly defensive. It's a balance between being strong but also not trying to out-stevenage Stevenage.

We haven't had an attempt at goal and they have come very close 3 times.

Bird is back to playing deep and vattling and Wilson looks lost. He'd have been better off at wing back.

Weston on the bench would have been an idea.

At home to Stevenage, 2nd in the league and hoping we can hang on to this.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Classic Paul Warne display this.

5 at the back, at home, against Stevenage, some players look like they've never played a back 5 before.

A bench full of midfielders 😆

I’m neutral when it comes to PW, but times like this really make me question whether he has any real tactical nous. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You can tell this is a lower league game by the state of the pitch, the football on show and the fact most of our players’ shirts were covered in mud after about 20 minutes.

I can’t wait to get out of this league. It’s dreadful.

Let’s hope it’s this season. Another year in L1 and I’ll lose the will to live. 

Just now, CapeTownRams said:

I’m neutral when it comes to PW, but times like this really make me question whether he has any real tactical nous. 

Shows that we rely on having plenty of decent players for our systems as opposed to tactically out witting the opposition. 

Having a recognised forward may help as well.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

Game going as expected. Not really sure how we win this. 

Bring Sibs on for a defender but then we’re weaker at the back? 

Best hope is that we score from a corner, last kick of the match giving them no time to put the pressure on. 

Sibs on for Nyambe or Wilson? Sibley plays as part of the front 3 with Nyambe or Wilson being the rwb. Nyambe has had loads of space on that right side, Wilson’s ability to dribble and take a player on could be a benefit.

Potentially Ward could also be an option there for his crossing/set pieces?

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sibs on for Nyambe or Wilson? Sibley plays as part of the front 3 with Nyambe or Wilson being the rwb. Nyambe has had loads of space on that right side, Wilson’s ability to dribble and take a player on could be a benefit.

Potentially Ward could also be an option there for his crossing/set pieces?

Personally I would have started with Wilson at RWB and Sibs at LWB to try and hurt them on the flanks as that’s where we look like having the most space.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At least Bolton are losing

Makes you wonder if we and they and Pompey and Peterborough etc have actually improved or more likely we're all at a similar level to last season in a much weaker league minus the three who got promoted