Paul Warne

Day

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Stuff you lot who can't afford it? What do you call them, 'not our football family'? 👍

Ive never said we are better fans cause we go to matches, it is you insinuating that we do. You have got one big chip on your shoulders, must be fun livi g with you. Dont care if they do ban me off the forum for my remarks, grow up

38 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Oh, well done! The 2 most fervent Warne-bashers applauded this. I hope they meant it 😂 

A bit remiss of you to, once again, list Nyambe and Ward as being outside the top 12 when they were out injured for significant periods after being crocked by opposition players. It's likely that both would have made that top 12 were it not for those injuries.

I listed them outside of the top 12 because they weren't in yhe top 12 most used players. If Waghorn, Gayle, John-Jules, Washington, Embleton and Elder hadn't have got injured, they would have got more minutes too... but they were injured.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Stuff you lot who can't afford it? What do you call them, 'not our football family'? 👍

I think that you've totally missinterpreted Kath's post and taken it personally. I understand it when she says 'our football family' in this case, she's refering to the friendships built up over many years with those sitting close to her, not refering to everyone attending the game.

Coming from Birmingham on my own over 50 years ago, I didn't know anyone, but after sitting close to the same group of people in the 'A' stand at the BBG, I got close to quite a few people including a group of 4 lovely ladies who came to every game and clubbed together for a lovely wedding present for me and also a now close friend who used to sit directly behind me with his mother and father, we've been on a number of skiing holidays together. Now at PP, I'm getting closer to other Derby fans, going to some away games together. These people are my football 'family' who's friendship is an important part of my life.

Unless, you have had the fortune to experience this close association with fellow Rams fans, you may not understand what we have. Likewise the regular away fans that see each other before, during and after the away games, I would imagine that they too, have their own little 'football family'.

Somebody, who can't go to every game or doesn't sit amongst the 'right' group of supporters, will not appreciate what some of us gain from supporting our club, hopefully this post will go some way to explaining it.

26 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that you've totally missinterpreted Kath's post and taken it personally. I understand it when she says 'our football family' in this case, she's refering to the friendships built up over many years with those sitting close to her, not refering to everyone attending the game.

Coming from Birmingham on my own over 50 years ago, I didn't know anyone, but after sitting close to the same group of people in the 'A' stand at the BBG, I got close to quite a few people including a group of 4 lovely ladies who came to every game and clubbed together for a lovely wedding present for me and also a now close friend who used to sit directly behind me with his mother and father, we've been on a number of skiing holidays together. Now at PP, I'm getting closer to other Derby fans, going to some away games together. These people are my football 'family' who's friendship is an important part of my life.

Unless, you have had the fortune to experience this close association with fellow Rams fans, you may not understand what we have. Likewise the regular away fans that see each other before, during and after the away games, I would imagine that they too, have their own little 'football family'.

Somebody, who can't go to every game or doesn't sit amongst the 'right' group of supporters, will not appreciate what some of us gain from supporting our club, hopefully this post will go some way to explaining it.

Yes I understand what you say, and empathise with that. I think that as can be seen on the transfer rumours thread atm there is lots of 'you're not a real fan' type jibes. That's how @Kathcairns point came across mainly because of previous posts about anti-Warne posts and being a supporter. I don't like being told what I can or can't think or say about Derby County a team I have supported for over 55 years, just because those thoughts don't sit with someone else's viewpoint. No doubt Kath will enjoy her visits to Pride Park and her time with her 'football family and take enjoyment and comfort from that. Perhaps there's room to consider those who don't have that support and just have the actual football for their 'enjoyment and comfort'? 

@Kathcairns I apologise for misinterpreting what you were saying. We'll leave it at that.

Edited by RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I understand what you say, and empathise with that. I think that as can be seen on the transfer rumours thread atm there is lots of 'you're not a real fan' type jibes. That's how @Kathcairns point came across mainly because of previous posts about anti-Warne posts and being a supporter. I don't like being told what I can or can't think or say about Derby County a team I have supported for over 55 years, just because those thoughts don't sit with someone else's viewpoint. No doubt Kath will enjoy her visits to Pride Park and her time with her 'football family and take enjoyment and comfort from that. Perhaps there's room to consider those who don't have that support and just have the actual football for their 'enjoyment and comfort'? 

@Kathcairns I apologise for misinterpreting what you were saying. We'll leave it at that.

If you have read all my posts i am not a warne fan, but just dont want to go on a merry goround of sacking managers. What i have posted is that he deserves his chance after getting us promoted nothing else, but you have still got to get the snide remarks in havnt you. I give up.

5 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can I apologise to anyone ? 

looks fun

Not for the rest of us it isn't. I was hoping they'd all start again tonight. Will just have to hope we make no signings instead - that will be more entertaining than prime 2014 Bryson.

12 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

If you have read all my posts i am not a warne fan, but just dont want to go on a merry goround of sacking managers. What i have posted is that he deserves his chance after getting us promoted nothing else, but you have still got to get the snide remarks in havnt you. I give up.

What snide remarks? I explained my view point as you had yours and I asked that you consider that some fans don't have the same 'enjoyment and support' that you profess to enjoy. I also apologised for misinterpreting what you said.

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not for the rest of us it isn't. I was hoping they'd all start again tonight. Will just have to hope we make no signings instead - that will be more entertaining than prime 2014 Bryson.

I apologise on behalf of Derby county and Eranios Socks