Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

19 hours ago, Crewton said:

Alan went to Shelton Lock school. We had both him and Mickey Quinn on our books at the same time (briefly) when we were starting to struggle in the old Division 1, 1978. By the time we were in the relegation zone in 1979, they'd both been released under Tommy Docherty.

Tommy Doc has a lot to answer for, got rid of Toddy, Wee Archie etc and signed Carp (rearrange the letters) all downhill from there , it was a right knees up (if you are old enough you'll get the reference)

6 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Tommy Doc has a lot to answer for, got rid of Toddy, Wee Archie etc and signed Carp (rearrange the letters) all downhill from there , it was a right knees up (if you are old enough you'll get the reference)

I think tbf to the Doc re: Quinn, he arrived as a 16 year old but got terribly homesick apparently and left of his own volition, though I do recall him saying one time on TalkSport that his "face didn't fit with the Doc", so that might have contributed to his decision too.

25 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Do like Troy Parrott

Exactly the type of player I expect us to look for from the Netherlands. Just like Trott from Denmark being a potential target (as well as to other players from Denmark: Peacock-Farrell, Scott McKenna and Tyrese Francois)

On 23/05/2024 at 22:17, CBRammette said:

Perhaps Whittaker would like to come home too

Watched Rooney’s punditry today on the FA Cup and thought he did pretty well. Quite surprised he’s persevering with management and very surprised that Neil Dewsnip is a real name 

7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

out of interest, why ?

never really done anything in english football. 

He’s a very talented footballer, fundamentally, so it’s not completely unsurprising to see him do well overseas. Young players on loan don’t always showcase the best of themselves, whilst others thrive. 

He’s the type of player I’d like to see us sign permanently, rather than a loan. An asset to work with and develop. 

9 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Tom Cannon would be my choice as a loan for a striker

The rumour is that when he signed for Leicester he signed at x value (thought to be £40k pw) and following on from promotion that would double. Not completely ludicrous considering their last wage bill when in the Premier League was close to £200m. 

It makes it a hard market for loan clubs so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Leicester keep him on. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s a very talented footballer, fundamentally, so it’s not completely unsurprising to see him do well overseas. Young players on loan don’t always showcase the best of themselves, whilst others thrive. 

He’s the type of player I’d like to see us sign permanently, rather than a loan. An asset to work with and develop. 

fair enough. Im all for young talent with potential. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The rumour is that when he signed for Leicester he signed at x value (thought to be £40k pw) and following on from promotion that would double. Not completely ludicrous considering their last wage bill when in the Premier League was close to £200m. 

It makes it a hard market for loan clubs so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Leicester keep him on. 

Grim. He's a talented kid but cant see Leicester playing him in the prem. If he's on that much it wouldn't surprise me to see him on loan at a top end champ club

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

No thanks.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

When he's been on loan at any UK club he's been pants.  Particularly Ipswich, remember them thinking he was awful. 

Yes, my Ipswich fan mate said the same.