Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If the £900k figure is to be believed, I think we can get better value for money elsewhere.

Josh Knight ain't good enough in the air to get in a Warne side. With Cashin and Nelson as the sided CBs, any new signing would have to be a dominant CB. Knight is a 'ball playing' CB.

I think Forino is more of a Warne type CB, but I believe he has only played onnthe right of a back 3. Probably needs another season at L1 level before stepping up a division too

I could easily see Nelson being moved to the centre of the three, with Bradley as back up. He played there earlier in the season when Rooney was on the right of the three.

Hull's owner has just publicly slagged off Allsop if we're after a cheaper option at Goalkeeper. I'd rather we splashed out, though, as I think a strong defence and keeper will be imperative to us staying up this season.

8 minutes ago, Thierry Ennui said:

Hull's owner has just publicly slagged off Allsop if we're after a cheaper option at Goalkeeper. I'd rather we splashed out, though, as I think a strong defence and keeper will be imperative to us staying up this season.

Only ever thought Allsop was "ok" here. Wildsmith has been much better than he was.

Watching Celtic v Kilmarnock last night and Kilmarnocks right winger Danny Armstrong who I’ve suggested here before was very good. Was causing a good quality left back in Greg Taylor a lot of problems and had a great goal disallowed for a marginal offside by VAR.

He is 26 and has 1 year left on his contract. He can play on either wing and gets goals and assists in an average team for fun.

This season in 46 games he has 10 goals and 14 assists following on from last seasons return of 12 goals and 9 assists in 47 games. 

He has also played as a wing back this season so obviously isn’t the worst defensively which will suit our system considering how much running and work on both sides of the ball you’ve to do.

Positives are he won’t be expensive, he’s coming into his prime years, creates chances aswell as scoring goals and he works hard. 

My take on the Dutch players mentioned by Ghost of Clough...

Matty Ryan would be a good shout as keeper, however, although he's "out of contract", AZ have qualified for Europe again and I reckon they'll make the lad an offer

Syb van Ottele has been a regular for Heerenveen this season. Reasonable defender but less capable than Nels/Cash and comfortable on the ball, possibly not physical enough for the SBC. 22 years old and 6'1"

Shawn Adewoye has been a regular for RKC Waalwijk this season but not physical enough for the SBC. Results this coming weekend could see RKC in the relegation playoffs. 23 years old and 5'11". 

Deroy Duarte has been a regular for Fortuna Sittard this season but, imo, isn't good enough for the SBC despite being a Cape Verde international. Results this coming weekend could see RKC in the relegation playoffs. 24 years old and 5'10".

Lazaros Lamprou has been a regular for Excelsior this season but, imo, isn't good enough for the SBC despite 8 goals and 5 assists this season. He'd be up against better defenders most weeks. Results this coming weekend could see Excelsior in the relegation playoffs. 26 years old and 6'0".

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Watching Celtic v Kilmarnock last night and Kilmarnocks right winger Danny Armstrong who I’ve suggested here before was very good. Was causing a good quality left back in Greg Taylor a lot of problems and had a great goal disallowed for a marginal offside by VAR.

He is 26 and has 1 year left on his contract. He can play on either wing and gets goals and assists in an average team for fun.

This season in 46 games he has 10 goals and 14 assists following on from last seasons return of 12 goals and 9 assists in 47 games. 

He has also played as a wing back this season so obviously isn’t the worst defensively which will suit our system considering how much running and work on both sides of the ball you’ve to do.

Positives are he won’t be expensive, he’s coming into his prime years, creates chances aswell as scoring goals and he works hard. 

Interesting to see if he could make the step up.

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hoping that before we get big news of signings we will get big news of US investors in the club.  Would be transformational to signings 

Careful what you wish for from U.S.  

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hoping that before we get big news of signings we will get big news of US investors in the club.  Would be transformational to signings 

Is this a dream or is there something i've missed ?

23 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Watched a fair bit of the MK Dons v Crawley game the other day and was really impressed with Klaidi Lolos.  Greek international, can play up front on in midfield and has very tidy feet.  TransferMarkt has him valued at £125k.  Worth a gamble??

Cheeky bid even 😊

25 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Watched a fair bit of the MK Dons v Crawley game the other day and was really impressed with Klaidi Lolos.  Greek international, can play up front on in midfield and has very tidy feet.  TransferMarkt has him valued at £125k.  Worth a gamble??

LOL. 

I'd sign him for the name alone.

I'm surprised the player can get to the Greek team from that level. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Not a full international played twice at under 19 back in 2019

Been around awhile mostly non league but had a spell at Plymouth 

TeamApps(Gls)

2019–2021Plymouth Argyle12 (0)

2019–2020→ Dorchester Town (loan)9 (4)

2020→ Chippenham Town (loan)1 (0)

2021–2022Torquay United28 (2)

2022–2023Oxford City35(16)

2023–Crawley Town46 (13

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Yes I saw the game and suggested him earlier on this thread. He had that extra touch of class didn't he... the through ball he played to Liam Kelly for Orsi's 2nd goal was 👌