Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Wasn't exciting but very mature performance tonight, great win 

Yeah- good way to describe it 👍👏

Just wish Pompey and Bolton would stop winning… a close third placed finish will be a heartbreaker…

Gotta 100% beat Bolton at home and not lose to Pompey away…

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Come on! Must be some very confused posters tonight who can't understand how such a poor team can be winning 3-0 to the new Barcelona.

Warne has made it plain from day 1 he has no interest in trying to look like Barcelona and loosing and I’m good with that 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah the better side if the idea of the game was about pointless passing, which some people seem to think it is.

The better side scored 3 goals and conceded 0 as us old fashioned people still believe is the idea of the game.

Cant see that sort of plan catching on.

More crucial passes and xG is a much better plan.

Not sure why you are trying to bait me by quoting my comments made after about 30 minutes.

At the time Exeter were the better side, having dominated the ball and hitting the post.

My quote about the game plan was quoting word for word what Shaun Barker said on co-coms. I struggled to make sense of it given we hadn’t done anything up until that point aside from score through Bird’s individual play 🤷‍♂️

I like how you try the ‘gotcha’ moments with me. I wouldn’t say you are jealous of my superior footballing knowledge. I’m not sure what it is? 

58 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

True but a shot on target could be direct to the keeper’s arms or a fluffed one whereas shots not on target could have missed by a whisker

Apart from hitting the post 1at half and missing a sitter in the last 5 mins, did they trouble us overly?

1 minute ago, CapeTownRams said:

Worried about Cash though- injured this week and doubtful for the game but played and taken off before the end when he normally always plays until the end…🙏🤞

Richie Barker said post match Cashin was cramping up having not really trained for a week with a tight hamstring, also that CBT was taken off as a precaution for a complaint with his hamstring.

He also spoke a lot about the team playing/pressing a different way tonight, something about us surrendering possession, like it was intentional to play on the counter. I didn’t notice anything particularly different to how we’ve approached other games this season, though did notice and comment in the first half how the press wasn’t quite clicking so perhaps there was something different 🤔 

Anyway here’s the video for anyone interested;

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure why you are trying to bait me by quoting my comments made after about 30 minutes.

At the time Exeter were the better side, having dominated the ball and hitting the post.

My quote about the game plan was quoting word for word what Shaun Barker said on co-coms. I struggled to make sense of it given we hadn’t done anything up until that point aside from score through Bird’s individual play 🤷‍♂️

I like how you try the ‘gotcha’ moments with me. I wouldn’t say you are jealous of my superior footballing knowledge. I’m not sure what it is? 

Was your last paragraph tongue in cheek - I really can't decide?

Incredibly solid performance. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but Adams gives me hope not only for this season, but in the competency of the club going forward. A player who had done nothing in football past tier four, doubted at tier two, but highlighted by ourselves as a player who could provide the stability and balance much required to our midfield. Player recruitment is everything and we showed we have more to ourselves than just looking at a player’s CV. 

I do still think the top two is a bridge too far, for us, Portsmouth have picked themselves up after a good January window. Bolton, for me, have been the standard since the start of the season despite blips. I’m confident we can go into the play-offs with some confidence. 

Stevenage haven’t been in great form recently, but I’m still worried about Steve Evans doing a number on his bib & cone boy, as he so eloquently put it. Barnsley is a real litmus test. We will see how well we fair against them, away from home, especially as last year was such a f****** disaster. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shame he couldn't get his arse in gear before 'his move allowed him to have more freedom in his game as there was no one to worry about impressing'  . only 25 games wasted, nevermind.

Or wasted in a 2 with Hourihane 

22 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Stats after tonight 

Best Away record in the league 💯

Second most goals in the league ️ 

Best defence in the league 🧱 

Yeah. Warne out!

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Great to see Cashin back and Adams fit to start. I'd be happier if Nyambe was fit too and  Sonny Bradley probably feels a bit aggrieved to miss out on a starting berth.

On a side note the other Bradley (Johnson) is rocking the milk tray man look on Ramstv. 

Have you got a photo? 😉

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'll be honest, Ive won hundreds betting the opposite of what you say, keep up the superior knowledge!