Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

Just now, Ellafella said:

Exeter seem to be targeting Adams now he's been booked to bait him..

Something happened early in the first half, it was in the bottom right corner of the screen so wasn’t the focus of the camera but Adams was squaring up to one of their players, he seemed livid and Bird (I think) stepped in to calm him down. Wonder if something unpleasant was said to him, pure speculation on my part, but he was riled and they’ve been getting at him ever since.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Something happened early in the first half, it was in the bottom right corner of the screen so wasn’t the focus of the camera but Adams was squaring up to one of their players, he seemed livid and Bird (I think) stepped in to calm him down. Wonder if something unpleasant was said to him, pure speculation on my part, but he was riled and they’ve been getting at him ever since.

Was that when he was fouled after he had crossed the ball?

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Well hopefully Warne spotted that and can give him some support and calming words. After all, we're told he doesn't do the coaching so he can safely leave the tactics to the others.....

Derby’s game plan of score more than the opposition is working a treat.

Other than that, I can’t see any pattern in our play whatsoever other than get it wide and swing a hopeful ball in.

If we didn’t have better players than the opposition, we’d be much further down the table.

We’re winning because of Bird’s moment of Championship level quality. 

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

This ref is gonna shaft us tonight. We will see a red, I just that feeling. The officiating in this tier of the footballing pyramid is atrocious and we tend to get the rough end of it to

He won’t be able to stop himself sending Adam’s off for a minor transgression.

Think we’ve generally played well so far; at least putting the shift in and look interested and looks like there’s space enough in their back line to make further chances. First time I’ve seen Adams and on this showing he could be the difference between promotion or not.

Agree that this refs likely to shaft us though. Other than the soft bird free kick near the end, they’re getting soft free kicks and we’re getting play on for anything obvious. Most of Adams fouls haven’t been fouls at all.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Derby’s game plan of score more than the opposition is working a treat.

Other than that, I can’t see any pattern in our play whatsoever other than get it wide and swing a hopeful ball in.

If we didn’t have better players than the opposition, we’d be much further down the table.

We’re winning because of Bird’s moment of Championship level quality. 

It works as long as the opposition score nil.....

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Was that when he was fouled after he had crossed the ball?

No it was before then, I think there was a throw in just inside our half, so the camera was pointed slightly left towards that with the ref looking at the touchline also, and off to the right Adams was squaring up to one (possibly two) of their players and one of ours (I think Bird) stepped in to calm him.

1 minute ago, Red_ram said:

Think we’ve generally played well so far; at least putting the shift in and look interested and looks like there’s space enough in their back line to make further chances. First time I’ve seen Adams and on this showing he could be the difference between promotion or not.

Agree that this refs likely to shaft us though. Other than the soft bird free kick near the end, they’re getting soft free kicks and we’re getting play on for anything obvious. Most of Adams fouls haven’t been fouls at all.

Confused Tom Hanks GIF