Exeter City v Derby - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

FYI for anyone in and around Exeter today and tomorrow:

Good pubs

Ship Inn, Turk’s Head, White Hart, Old Firehouse, Mill on the Exe, Prospect Inn on the Quay

Good cafes

Exploding Bakery, Zuki’s, Tiny Tasting Room, Chococo, Grow Coffee House, Eat on the Green

Good fast food

Hubbox for burgers, Red Panda for Asian food, Hook for fish and chips, Eat the Bird for fried chicken

Good restaurants

The Ivy

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think it comes down to a lack of clear plan on how signigns will fit into the side. We had the same in the summer byt signing 2 RWBs and a LB to play as wing backs. The LB struggles at LWB then the RWBs pick up injuries. We sign a RB, shift to 4 at the back and the LB looked settled when he eventually had a couple of starts. The RWBs no longer simply slot in the side as both lack defensive qualities Warne wants to see at RB, or are either not quick enough or lack end product to play at RW.

Our CF targets varied in style. Mark Harris, Rhodes, etc.. 

No we've gone to 352 without a recognised LWB and only 1 forward, despite starting a winger at CF, having 2 wingers on the bench and another who has regularly played there this season.

Exactly this, somehow we have ended up with 6 wingers /wing backs.

31 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’ve done the Ship, Turks, Turtle bay, back to the Ship, back to the hotel, espresso martinis, some other random cocktails, back on the beer now. # football away days 😂

Don’t worry, my fiancée is a nurse.

30 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’ve done the Ship, Turks, Turtle bay, back to the Ship, back to the hotel, espresso martinis, some other random cocktails, back on the beer now. # football away days 😂

I always laugh when in the Turk's Head, it's card payments only and they do a beer called "Cash is King". For those wanting a pint of that beer, you have to go to this pub because it's a brewpub right in the middle of the city centre.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I always laugh when in the Turk's Head, it's card payments only and they do a beer called "Cash is King". For those wanting a pint of that beer, you have to go to this pub because it's a brewpub right in the middle of the city centre.

Prefer the ship.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

FYI for anyone in and around Exeter today and tomorrow:

Good pubs

Ship Inn, Turk’s Head, White Hart, Old Firehouse, Mill on the Exe, Prospect Inn on the Quay

Good cafes

Exploding Bakery, Zuki’s, Tiny Tasting Room, Chococo, Grow Coffee House, Eat on the Green

Good fast food

Hubbox for burgers, Red Panda for Asian food, Hook for fish and chips, Eat the Bird for fried chicken

Good restaurants

The Ivy

I hadn't realized marinakis had a place down there.......🤔

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Cheers, back in the hotel now for an hour then back out for something to eat.

We are in the indigo hotel in the centre, been here before and they look after me, upgraded to a suite with Cathedral view from the bath 😂

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

Good hotel. Stopped there before