Anything positive to take from yesterday moving forwards?

Wasn't there so can't comment but from the face if it, the match sounded dire and we failed to kill off a bang average side.

We really need to turn in a good dominating performance, something we've not seen since Oxford.

Tactically though we are questionable.

In terms of a positive it can only be that we have a rock in the middle who is key to the outcome in May. Hopefully we can get CBT moving 

We picked up a point and 2 better goal difference on Peterborough. 

A team that was promoted in September (Oxford) failed to win. 

And 2 teams promoted in January (Peterborough and Bolton) failed to win. 

Adams is looking like a decent addition.

Cashin will be back soon

Washington will be back soon.

We have yet to unleash CBT.

Whilst nobody was outstanding, I thought Bradley had a decent game and is continuing his rehabilitation and confidence build, same for Ward. Sibley again proved again how much he has matured in terms of his defensive role. Yes, most of us would prefer to see him playing further forward but he has proved (IMO) that he is safe cover for Fozzy and not the hot head seen a few years ago. Finally, and not just for scoring the goal, Bird has proved that his heart is still with Derby until the end of the season and he’ll do the best he can to help get us promoted.

Finally, finally, no new injuries (I assume/hope). Nyambe was replaced before his niggle was aggravated and Cashin wasn’t risked. We might well have won if Nyambe had stayed on and/or Cashin had played but there might have been a longer term impact if they had.

Adams makes the team very solid down the middle. Excellent signing, we need to look after as best as we can. Allows Bird and Hourihane to get on the ball and play some football without having to worry about sprinting back.

After 30 odd games it’s in no coincidence or luck we’re in the running for promotion. You don’t get there by fluking wins. 

But we do seem to win in spite of ourselves as opposed to blowing teams away or crushing them with our sheer class. 

Think ultimately our season will hinge on the results against the teams in the top 8. Win more than we lose = good chance of autos. Win a couple, lose a couple = play offs, lose them all = 7th place again?

Think we’ll churn out the same level of performance, think results depend on whether the opposition can match us in the dirty part of the game or not.

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The "answer" to this will lie entirely with the mindset of the poster. 

As the previous poster has just admirably illustrated. 

Hi Tyler, what's your mindset to this season? I'm generally an upbeat kind of guy but I'm struggling with what I'm seeing on the pitch. How do you see it? 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hi Tyler, what's your mindset to this season? I'm generally an upbeat kind of guy but I'm struggling with what I'm seeing on the pitch. How do you see it? 

I see we're second in the table. I know this as I've just been on the BBC Sports website to make sure of this so it's a fact rather than opinion.

I don't believe (which IS my opinion) that we've got to this point by fluking a whole run of results so this is something that Warne is doing right. 

It also is heartening that we can still be hyper critical of yesterday's substitutions etc when we still are second in the league.

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We picked up a point and 2 better goal difference on Peterborough. 

A team that was promoted in September (Oxford) failed to win. 

And 2 teams promoted in January (Peterborough and Bolton) failed to win. 

Adams is looking like a decent addition.

Cashin will be back soon

Washington will be back soon.

We have yet to unleash CBT.

I'd add that I saw plenty of games like yesterday last time we were promoted (narrowly) from the third tier - and that team had Gregory, Davison, Hindmarch, Micklewhite and Williams, who equally struggled to overcome an obdurate away team that, on paper, weren't fit to lace our boots. 

The only teams in the top 7 who got the result they needed were Pompey and Barnsley, both by narrow margins . That's how the run in is going to be, so those of a wishy-washy disposition had best get used to it.

Edited by Crewton

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I see we're second in the table. I know this as I've just been on the BBC Sports website to make sure of this so it's a fact rather than opinion.

I don't believe (which IS my opinion) that we've got to this point by fluking a whole run of results so this is something that Warne is doing right. 

It also is heartening that we can still be hyper critical of yesterday's substitutions etc when we still are second in the league.

So are you enjoying the matches this season generally or do you view the ends as always justifying the means? 

I, along with many other fans, am yet again a bit disappointed that we were unable to beat a team sitting a number of places below us in the league, at home.  It's getting to the stage where I am starting to think that we have more chance of winning away from home than we do at home.  It's hard to understand why we struggle so much at home, especially with the home support we have.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So are you enjoying the matches this season generally or do you view the ends as always justifying the means? 

The kiss of death for any football manager is poor performances AND poor results. 

Even the most narrow minded supporter of the club has to begrudgingly admit that second in the table is a good position to be in.

If we were hovering around midtable then my stance might be different however as we're not then it's a moot point.

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As long as we are second in the league Tyler 😊

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The kiss of death for any football manager is poor performances AND poor results. 

Even the most narrow minded supporter of the club has to begrudgingly admit that second in the table is a good position to be in.

If we were hovering around midtable then my stance might be different however as we're not then it's a moot point.

I'm just trying to find out if you are enjoying the matches? If you would rather not say that's fine. I have no hidden agenda.