England - Euro 2024

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Oh great. Poland through to stink the place out again in the finals.

My manager has advised that I won't get on the subs bench for Poland at the Euros playing for Birmingham in the championship.  I now have to leave for 6 months rolling into an entire calendar and go and play for Sheff Utd.  I've always given my best though and it is out of my hands and not because I think I'm good enough for Real Madrid . In a years time I'll be struck down by a problem unknown to mankind since the dawn of time but not till you take me on full time or suffer relegation.  

Love and best Wishes Krystian

Mainoo is actually a really good piece to balance the midfield of Rice and Bellingham. He offers the qualities of Southgate stalwarts Henderson and Phillips, but at this stage, he's better and can do more going forward.

Depth behind Kane is a little bit of an issue, as is defence. Watching Lewis Dunk whilst Fikayo Tomori is sat at home is kinda laughable.

Tomori has been injured recently, but we all know Gareth won't pick him to partner Stones ahead of the world-class talents of Maguire, Dunk, Guehi, Konsa or Gomez. The defence (or rather the players chosen to be our defence) are the weak point of our team.

When you look at a potential attack and midlfield line up of Kane, Foden, Saka, Bellingham, Mainoo and Rice (with Bowen, Toney, Maddison etc. to back them up) we should be confident of doing well. However, that back 4 and keeper last night were a real issue.

Squad for the Euros:

GK: Trafford, Ramsdale, Butland

Def: Tomori, Trippier, Dunk, White, Mings, Colwill, Coady

Mid: RLC, Miley, Longstaff, Henderson, Phillips, Mount

Forwards: Sterling, Madueke, Sancho, Greenwood, Wilson, Rashford, Nketiah

context: Southgate has won the euromillons and quit, Warne has been parachuted into the England job 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Mainoo is actually a really good piece to balance the midfield of Rice and Bellingham. He offers the qualities of Southgate stalwarts Henderson and Phillips, but at this stage, he's better and can do more going forward.

Depth behind Kane is a little bit of an issue, as is defence. Watching Lewis Dunk whilst Fikayo Tomori is sat at home is kinda laughable.

Tomori has played 156 minutes in the last 3 months.

40 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Tomori has played 156 minutes in the last 3 months.

Stop using facts to win arguments. None of the threads will be longer than 2 pages.  

everybody talks about this england side like its a golden generation but the defence is terrible and thats the most important bit of international football.

kyle walker is englands only defensive player that is top class.

this england side will not be able to get the most out of its attacking players until we have a defence you can leave 1 v 1 at the back like top class players can be left.

arsenal for example are so good going forward at the minute because their defence doesnt need protection. Same with City and Liverpool. No team outside the top 3 have top class defenders

Edited by alram

15 minutes ago, alram said:

everybody talks about this england side like its a golden generation but the defence is terrible and thats the most important bit of international football.

this england side will not be able to get the most out of its attacking players until we have a defence you can leave 1 v 1 at the back like top class players can be left.

arsenal for example are so good going forward at the minute because their defence doesnt need protection. Same with City and Liverpool. No team outside the top 3 have top class defenders

Stones?

5 hours ago, sage said:

Stop using facts to win arguments. None of the threads will be longer than 2 pages.  

I asked someone beating the Tomori drum how many times he has actually seen him play.

They said in his last 6 games since he returned from injury and he had been brilliant in all of the matches.

Went away to look how he had done, to find out he has only played in 5 matches since his return.

9 minutes in the first match, 45 in the next 2, 63 in the 4th and 82 in the last game 😂

40 minutes ago, alram said:

Regardless of the social media inspired pile on, Harry Maguire has hardly ever put a foot wrong in tournament football for England.

On 26/03/2024 at 20:28, Derbados said:

Safegate the footballing dinosaur strikes again. Good lord it’s just painful isn’t it. Makes Warneball look like prime Guardiola 

I dont know whats worse tbh, think the paint drying is more entertaining