England - Euro 2024

Bris Vegas

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Along with Barkley they are the right type without being really good enough. Foden too attacking for a blend and TAA isn't being played in midfield 

I’m hoping Connor Bradley’s emergence forces Liverpool’s hand into playing Alexander-Arnold in midfield. If he excels there he might be it.

Wilshere’s the one. At 32 he should be the one pulling the strings in this England midfield. Instead he’s been retired for three years.

Edited by cannable

Apart from the goal keeper and central defence, England have probably the best squad in Europe. Bellingham, Kane, Saka, Foden, Rice, Walker, Trent, Palmer all top class, they could get into any team. If Radford gets back in form, Henderson gets back to playing good level you have got a very good a chance to win it this summer.

8 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Apart from the goal keeper and central defence, England have probably the best squad in Europe. Bellingham, Kane, Saka, Foden, Rice, Walker, Trent, Palmer all top class, they could get into any team. If Radford gets back in form, Henderson gets back to playing good level you have got a very good a chance to win it this summer.

Rice has two already.

20 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Trent isn't a top class RB, he cant defend. 

We are probably the second best team after France.

Spain, Holland and Portugal aren't far behind. 

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Radford ? He has been retired since the 1970’s , he gave Roy Mac a runaround at Highbury once.  😉

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

3 hours ago, sage said:

I would say we have the third best set of players behind France A and France B.

They have ridiculous depth and it seems they push through another two or three top quality players every year.

I think in Kane, Saka, Bellingham and Walker we have four world class players. Rice, Stones and Foden are brilliant too, but I feel France A have somebody better in each position and France B somebody just as good.

Saying all that, England were the better team against France at the World Cup. And Argentina dominated them for 75 minutes in the final.

France have the best set of players, but at times they don’t look like the best team. 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I would say we have the third best set of players behind France A and France B.

They have ridiculous depth and it seems they push through another two or three top quality players every year.

I think in Kane, Saka, Bellingham and Walker we have four world class players. Rice, Stones and Foden are brilliant too, but I feel France A have somebody better in each position and France B somebody just as good.

Saying all that, England were the better team against France at the World Cup. And Argentina dominated them for 75 minutes in the final.

France have the best set of players, but at times they don’t look like the best team. 

What would be your best combined team?

10 hours ago, sage said:

Trent is a quarterback, Walker and Reece James (always crocked sadly) are your best RB. Trippier isn’t shabby either. Put Trent in midfield with Rice and Bellingham and it does not get much better than that.

and I agree we (France) probably have the best team. if, Bappe turns up, we don’t have a meltdown (last Euros versus the Swiss) or go on strike (WC in South Africa). At least if it goes to pens we have a chance, Lloris had the uncanny ability to always dive the other way. 

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Trent is a quarterback, Walker and Reece James (always crocked sadly) are your best RB. Trippier isn’t shabby either. Put Trent in midfield with Rice and Bellingham and it does not get much better than that.

It would work if he is played there for Liverpool.

On 11/02/2024 at 22:20, Bris Vegas said:

I actually think Pep would look at this England team and think he could really take it on.

He already has Walker, Stones, Grealish and Foden.

He could set us up in his 3-2-4-1 system with a back three of Maguire, Stones and Walker. Rice in the Rodri role alongside Trent. A midfield of Grealish, Foden, Bellingham and Saka with Kane upfront.

No way pep would want Maguire.

He favours mobile, ball- playing centre halves.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Tomori dropped from the latest squad. Doesn’t feel like he’s been given much of a chance, last couple of England games he started at LB

Henderson still in

Sadly we don't really have any other back up for Rice.

A year (or two) too early for Mainoo

3 hours ago, littleover ram said:

Tomori dropped from the latest squad. Doesn’t feel like he’s been given much of a chance, last couple of England games he started at LB

Henderson still in

Tomori has only just come back from a couple months out injured.

2 hours ago, sage said:

Sadly we don't really have any other back up for Rice.

A year (or two) too early for Mainoo

Now Rice has been let off the leash and started driving forward I don’t think we even have Rice himself anymore! 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Now Rice has been let off the leash and started driving forward I don’t think we even have Rice himself anymore! 

Who plays with Rice and Bellingham? I see people keep saying Foden which is ludicrous 

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ben White as a holding midfielder wouldn’t actually be a bad option.

He's asked not to be considered for England selection again. No explanation as to why.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

He's asked not to be considered for England selection again. No explanation as to why.

Probably wants to concentrate on Arsenal, and perhaps feels he has been overlooked in the past.

Both Stones or White could play in the holding role.