Ebou Adams

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

To be fair we don’t know we are being held to ransom do we? Random posters coming up with random figures.

No, true, hence me emphasising the fact that none of us know either our budget, our offer, nor Cardiff's demands, but if ultimately they value him significantly higher than Derby does then we can't and shouldn't just pay that because they want it, it has to fit in with what we are trying to do elsewhere and with the other roles that we need to reinforce. Sheff Wed and the striker saga last year was very annoying and lost us a lot of time to sort something. If there is a significant and unresolvable value gap then reluctantly we'll maybe need to go elsewhere.

If it is final wangling over 250k vs 350k then obviously fine, crack on. Just saying that there is a point to walk away, however much we like the player himself. DC and PW will clearly be better placed to make that call than me.

Do you remember your first partner, who you were too good to?

Yeah, me neither.

But that kind of thinking might be needed in the future. Those who say he is exactly what we need are partly correct. We needed him as  Bird's, Smith's, Hourihane's, and Thompson's limitations had to be covered. Another one or two Osborn-like all-round midfielders and the need has disappeared, at least on the pitch if not yet in the minds of the fans.

35 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Do you remember your first partner, who you were too good to?

Yeah, me neither.

But that kind of thinking might be needed in the future. Those who say he is exactly what we need are partly correct. We needed him as  Bird's, Smith's, Hourihane's, and Thompson's limitations had to be covered. Another one or two Osborn-like all-round midfielders and the need has disappeared, at least on the pitch if not yet in the minds of the fans.

Thats actually a really good point...and one that I too had pondered. Not to say Ebou isn't a good player...because he was a massive reason we were promoted...but its true that his qualities were lacking in the players you mention...

Cardiff's manager joined then before the start of last season.

Adams played very very few games for him last season before we took him.

Even though he was a revelation for our great club last year I'd be rather surprised if all of a sudden he will be straight into a starting line up at Cardiff.

No doubt he will be the model professional and not be of any bother whilst in Wales 

They can get a fee and realise some wage space to get in someone who their club believe is more in line with what is Cardiff's philosophy at this time.

All the talk of fees appears to be guess work at best.

Yes I imagine his loan spell will have given him marketable value when selling to the rams ......however I don't hear of any further clubs tangling with us to get his signature.

That could be due to

one of , or several things .....either the deal is done that he comes to pride park and is just in need of details being cleared up.

- He is staying put at Cardiff. (Which smacks of being unlikely)

- He has a ceiling of talent that most championship clubs feel he has reached at the top end of league one.

His attitude from what little we know looks to be absolutely spot on. Plays with a smile on his face and really gets stuck in like centre midfielders of old.

He is well worth a punt and he must be feeling really good with his contribution to a promotion so should be full of confidence when the season kicks off 

And let's get one thing right here.......our club......our rams are not here to make up numbers in this league for years to come.

We have the stadium and fan base to be an asset to the premier league.

Look at the support in league one for 2 seasons.

Give us a competitive side in the championship and every stadium we travel to will sell out.

Same when we land back in the premier league.

If Leicester, Bournemouth, wolves and that pub side down the Trent  can play in the top flight.......we certainly can.

The next windows we get involved in are going to be very interesting .

Let's not throw silly money about and make hasty signings.

Due diligence on not only the talent but also the application and the desire to be a team player look to be top of the selection process which is hugely important and should be applauded 

I am a Derbyshire bloke from birth and a  derby county fan for over 40 years now and after everything I've seen over that period my love for this club is as strong as the time when I was a little primary school boy going the match at the weekends with my Dad.

I hope you all feel the same and never lose the fire for our club.

Back the chairman board managers and players.

COME ON YOU RAMS!

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You have 3 knees? WOW!!!

Apropos of nothing, for some reason the man who used to sit next to me always called Paul Boertin ‘9 knees’… not sure why. Anyway, pardon me for pointless and not very interesting interlude… carry on. 

2 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

Cardiff's manager joined then before the start of last season.

Adams played very very few games for him last season before we took him.

Even though he was a revelation for our great club last year I'd be rather surprised if all of a sudden he will be straight into a starting line up at Cardiff.

No doubt he will be the model professional and not be of any bother whilst in Wales 

They can get a fee and realise some wage space to get in someone who their club believe is more in line with what is Cardiff's philosophy at this time.

All the talk of fees appears to be guess work at best.

Yes I imagine his loan spell will have given him marketable value when selling to the rams ......however I don't hear of any further clubs tangling with us to get his signature.

That could be due to

one of , or several things .....either the deal is done that he comes to pride park and is just in need of details being cleared up.

- He is staying put at Cardiff. (Which smacks of being unlikely)

- He has a ceiling of talent that most championship clubs feel he has reached at the top end of league one.

His attitude from what little we know looks to be absolutely spot on. Plays with a smile on his face and really gets stuck in like centre midfielders of old.

He is well worth a punt and he must be feeling really good with his contribution to a promotion so should be full of confidence when the season kicks off 

And let's get one thing right here.......our club......our rams are not here to make up numbers in this league for years to come.

We have the stadium and fan base to be an asset to the premier league.

Look at the support in league one for 2 seasons.

Give us a competitive side in the championship and every stadium we travel to will sell out.

Same when we land back in the premier league.

If Leicester, Bournemouth, wolves and that pub side down the Trent  can play in the top flight.......we certainly can.

The next windows we get involved in are going to be very interesting .

Let's not throw silly money about and make hasty signings.

Due diligence on not only the talent but also the application and the desire to be a team player look to be top of the selection process which is hugely important and should be applauded 

I am a Derbyshire bloke from birth and a  derby county fan for over 40 years now and after everything I've seen over that period my love for this club is as strong as the time when I was a little primary school boy going the match at the weekends with my Dad.

I hope you all feel the same and never lose the fire for our club.

Back the chairman board managers and players.

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Absolutely spot on with this post .One of the best I’ve seen , well done sir once a ram always a ram 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Clowes spoke sensibly on it didn’t he? We want him but won’t pay over the odds and will look at other players if needed. 

A very good league 1 player but mentioned before he would need a couple of technical midfielders round him to utilise him well at this level a bit like Daryl Powell, as ball retention and technical ability aren't his game. 500K with a small add on for retaining our league position,or games played is probably a reasonable fee.