Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

54 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Pleased to have gotten him, a little concerned about the fee, but it's an undeniably positive move. It's always good news to sign players who love the club and have genuine enthusiasm to play for us. 

You can bet Diamonds it's not all up front 

Ebou looked a step above League 1 last year. Showed plenty for me to think that he can be a great player in the Champ. 500k + add ons is an absolute steal when you consider the good money we've wasted in the past on absolute dross (Blackman etc) , Looking forward to seeing him in a balanced midfield.

👌

You either trust Clowes to look after the club at every opportunity or you dont . 

He overpaid MASSIVELY to keep DCFC alive , the current recruitment team are all working together to provide a progressive and sustainable blueprint for the next 10 to 20 years. He will need to agree or deny all purchases that fall on the margins , Ebou is a definate low risk option even at a cool million .. 

Think he will do well for us. Can’t help but think Cardiff have come out the better regards the fee though.

However it is what it is. The Kellyman/Delap funds may have allowed us to slightly overspend on this deal.

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Over spending and spending more than what we’d initially hoped to make it happen aren’t the same thing to be fair. 

Why would you buy a player for more than you think he is worth? 

Just now, Mr Ramtastic said:

Why would you buy a player for more than you think he is worth? 

I don’t think they would, I think they have gone into it hoping to get a bargain having pretty much picked him up from being water boy at Cardiff and reigniting his career. Paying more than you’d hoped to initially doesn’t equal paying more than you think he’s worth. 

Adams coming back? Stick my name down in the happy column.

Warne knows the lad, his personality, what he can bring to the pitch both on and off and can bring him back for under a million? Love it.

Do I have concerns he’s never impressed in the Championship? No. Neither has Kenzo and look at the excitement over his signing. Not only has to adapt to the Championship but move to another country away from friends, family and settle in, I would argue we have bigger question marks over him. 

Seems insane to me that here we are, division under the Premier League where Omari Kellyman goes to Chelsea for more than 19 Ebou Adams yet only played 35 minutes of men’s league football, and here we are questioning if we’re overpaying by 400k.

At the same time, it’s good to see our expectation of transfer fees has been well and truly reset, I was guilty as many were of getting carried away spending £6m or whatever it was on a Bradley Johnson. I hope it’s a sign that expectations in general have lowered and we’re not slinging mud at Warne 5 games in as we try to compete with clubs being given 35 Ebou Adams fees for failing in the league above.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

A few hundred thousand either way for this deal makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

I see people say they'd have paid no more than £500,000 yet to miss out on this player for the sake of a few hundred thousand just to try and demonstrate some some of sustainability in this loss making industry would be ridiculous when he was so instrumental to our team and fit us like a glove.

If we've ended up paying a little more than I thought we would have to then I really don't care, I wasn't expecting us to rake in millions in sell on fees for Kellyman & Delap this summer either.

It's all relative, but no this deal isn't going to make us break us. The principle though is that after being run as a basket case and being pushed to the brink, it's pretty natural for fans to worry about us paying probably over the odds for players. 

The other side of the coin is that we could well have lost financial wiggle room that could have allowed us other key transfers. 

Really excited by this, Adams will give us the steel we wil need in a 2 or 3 man midfield, when he came in on loan in Jan we was a different team, and he gets the fans on side with his attitude and energy, he will be a great addition this season, hope this is done ASAP. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's all relative, but no this deal isn't going to make us break us. The principle though is that after being run as a basket case and being pushed to the brink, it's pretty natural for fans to worry about us paying probably over the odds for players. 

The other side of the coin is that we could well have lost financial wiggle room that could have allowed us other key transfers. 

I know what you're saying but I think most fans will just be glad to get Adams back here. If people want to worry that we've paid a few hundred thousand over what they think he's worth then that's up to them I guess. It would be different if we were taking millions here but we're not.

As has been stated already we've received bonus fees in respect of Kellyman & Delap this summer, so that should help counteract anyone's concerns anyhow.

Ebouuuuuuuu!