Ebou Adams - Joined on loan until end of the season

Just now, FKANorwichExile said:

Is that it?! Expected Cardiff to #bemoreB4 and ask for £30m and add-ons!

If we’ve offered 250k and they want 500k, somewhere in the middle seems pretty reasonable. 375-400k would be a good deal for him, you can’t overstate his importance and I think he can carry that into the league above too.

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Personally I wouldn't have said no at 1.5 million , shocked at how little they want . 

I'd be absolutely devastated to pay that for a player who isn't proven above league 1 with a year on his contract. That's probably on entire budget more or less including wages 

Edited by Sheepinthedales

14 hours ago, Sheepinthedales said:

I'd be absolutely devastated to pay that for a player who isn't proven above league 1 with a year on his contract. That's probably on entire budget more or less including wages 

Absolute devastation, you say? Blimey! 

FTLIW, at the prices quoted, it's an easy 'Yes' from me. Probably the easiest shout in a decade for this club.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Absolute devastation, you say? Blimey! 

FTLIW, at the prices quoted, it's an easy 'Yes' from me. Probably the easiest shout in a decade for this club.

I'm sure with our budget or boardroom brains, we won't be paying £1.5m for him, no

Edited by Sheepinthedales

Our season tickets were by the players’ family block and I was talking to Ebou’s mates / family at half time on Saturday. They said he’s really enjoyed it here, but Cardiff want “extortionate money” for him. I don’t know how informed they are, or what extortionate means in this context, just repeating what they told me.

They also said he’s got a year left on his contract but there’s an option for a further year, so I assume Cardiff have the option to effectively make it a 2 year contract and push the price up.

I’m still confident we’ll get Ebou. I think he’ll want to come and there will be a price at which Cardiff will let him go, hopefully within our budget. Just hope it doesn’t become too protracted.