Where do you think we'll finish this season?

Sorry, yes, in my original prediction I forgot that Wycombe came before Orient.

So my original prediction for us should have read 1, 1, 3, 1, 3, 3.

We are still on track with that actually, 5 points from 3 games.

However, the slip up v Wycombe leaves us needing 2 wins and a draw to be sure of the 90 points.  By no means guaranteed given our apparent lack of scoring prowess of late.

Personally I would settle for a point v Orient and then go all out v Cambs and Carlisle, maybe something like a 2 - 3 - 5 formation until we are 3-0 up or something LOL.

IMO anything less than 90 points gives Bolton a golden opportunity.

As for them, they are also on track with my prediction (7 points from 3 games).

However, they now need a point from both Pompey and Posh, plus wins against both Port Vale and Shrews, to get to 89 points.

Their run in is on paper trickier than ours IMO.

It could still all come down to a final day shoot out, with us and Bolton both needing a win to secure 2nd place.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Our main issue is that Bolton and Peterborough are playing like teams who deserve to go up. Before people point out posh’s shock result against Carlisle, I’m referring to how many goals they’re scoring. 

We seem unable to score more than 1 (minus Pompey) in recent weeks. We’re really making hard work of it. Are we running on empty?

If we win our last 3 we’d be unlucky to miss out on 92 points but as things stand our momentum has somewhat stalled.

Bolton played sh*te against Rovers on Saturday. They looked second best. I sat through it because derby weren’t playing. 

To be honest, my original predictions for results are so far looking bang on. Only exceptions I had us losing to Wycombe and I didn’t expect Barnsley to lose at Charlton. 

so before  the Blackpool game I had 

Blackpool - W

portsmouth D

Wycombe - L

orient W

Cambridge W

Carlisle W

So from the 5 games = 13/18

currently = 5/9 if we win the next three that’s 14 points from 18 far better than I expected.

Still think we go up automatically because I still think we’ll finish on 92 points. 

If 92 points isn’t good enough for second then we accept we’ve been a little bit unfortunate and try and go again in the play offs. 

I was so angry at the performance levels last night in the second half but I’m hoping for a post-Barnsley or post- Charlton reaction that sees us over the line. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bolton played sh*te against Rovers on Saturday. They looked second best. I sat through it because derby weren’t playing. 

Maybe playing was the wrong term from me, but they won 2-0. We play like poo and have to settle for 0-0. 

I can’t see us putting Leyton Orient to the sword. Think we might batter Carlisle but that could be a dead match if we don’t buck our ideas up.

Pretty similar to the Northampton game last night was. We weren't great but if we take our chances we win that game. 

I said coming into these last 4 games that if we get 10 points from these I think it will be enough because Bolton will have to win all 4 games. If they do that then fair play.

If we do get the 10 points we'd finish on 92. Bolton then need to win all 4 and Peterborough need to win their remaining 5 games. 

In all honesty if we don't win these last 3 games then we don't deserve to go up. 

A severely injury hit Leyton Orient, a relegation threatened Cambridge (who I think will be safe by the time we play them) and an already relegated Carlisle.

Keep the faith.

We can do this!

If we win our last 3 we’d be unlucky to miss out on 92 points but as things stand our momentum has somewhat stalled.

92 will be enough. Fairly certain that Bolton will see off Shrewsbury and Vale easily, but I really can’t see them getting 6 from Peterborough and Portsmouth. Ideally if they’re going to draw one, it’s Peterborough as it means 3 wins will definitely do it for us.

Even if Bolton do go into the final day ahead of us, it’ll be by 1 point. One criticism I’ve seen a lot from their fans is that they buckle under the pressure of big games, especially away. If Posh also have something to play for, I can’t see Bolton winning away there.

I know no game is guaranteed, but if you’re going to handpick a final game of the season, then at home to 24th would be it. Bolton & Posh will fully expect us to beat Carlisle, so they’re going to know a draw likely won’t be enough. Psychology comes into it a lot more than just what’s on the pitch, I’m not sure if Bolton will cope with that.

Even just looking at Saturday, we play Orient, Bolton have Pompey and Posh have Oxford away. I can’t see all three of us winning. Pompey can win the league and Oxford are trying to hold Lincoln off for the last play-off place. I know we can’t control other teams’ results, but I’d be disappointed if we aren’t having our tea on Saturday with our fate back in our own hands.

The bottom line as plenty have said is we win these three games we probably get promoted. We don't and we won't. If we can't having got into this position that doesn't come down to ability and not being good enough. You don't get to 90 odd points through not being good enough. That comes down to the mentality of being able to win routine games at this stage of the season and a little bit of luck but to be honest luck hasn't really deserted us lately, particularly in the Reading win. This is all on us . 

Daft as it sounds I’d rather be in our position than Boltons. Even if we both win on Saturday, they are still 2 points behind us… running out of games and they will know we have a great chance of picking up more points with our last two games… panic sets in and they all start fighting with their own fans, I can see it now.

I do think we're still in a very strong position. Wycombe away on a Wednesday night always looked a bit tricky to me, but the next three games should all be eminently winnable (of course, easier said than done). It's "in Bolton's hands", but do I fancy them to win all four of their games between now and the end of the season, absolutely not. This is going down to the last day of the season, and, if that's the case, I really fancy our chances. 

Maybe playing was the wrong term from me, but they won 2-0. We play like poo and have to settle for 0-0. 

I can’t see us putting Leyton Orient to the sword. Think we might batter Carlisle but that could be a dead match if we don’t buck our ideas up.

They have Collins scoring that sitter that CBT missed tbf. 

Im angry that our players have fluffed easy chances that have led to this. I’d be pointing squarely at Warne had we not have created enough chances to win both the two disappointing games recently. 

Warne for his many faults has put together a team that has made it into the top 2 with 4 left to go and yet glaring misses in the Northampton and Wycombe games mean we are 5 points worse off than we should be and are now fighting for our lives to stay in the autos. 

We can argue the toss of how bad the football has been but we’d be just going over old ground and I’m sure we both see things similarly in terms of the football on show. 

22 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Daft as it sounds I’d rather be in our position than Boltons. Even if we both win on Saturday, they are still 2 points behind us… running out of games and they will know we have a great chance of picking up more points with our last two games… panic sets in and they all start fighting with their own fans, I can see it now.

Right now, yeah. If they’re two points behind after Saturday I’d rather be in their position.

Points on the board etc. is good, but their game in hand is at home to Port Vale. I know they’re fighting for their life, but if they don’t win that then something’s gone very wrong.

If they win on Saturday then we’ll end up behind them going into the final day, it’ll be a very nervous day hoping Posh can get a point.

16 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I do think we're still in a very strong position. Wycombe away on a Wednesday night always looked a bit tricky to me, but the next three games should all be eminently winnable (of course, easier said than done). It's "in Bolton's hands", but do I fancy them to win all four of their games between now and the end of the season, absolutely not. This is going down to the last day of the season, and, if that's the case, I really fancy our chances. 

My memory is that some time ago we needed a last day win against lowly opposition (Reading?) and totally fluffed it. I was never so disappointed in Derby. More so than playoff losses!

4 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Our main issue is that Bolton and Peterborough are playing like teams who deserve to go up. Before people point out posh’s shock result against Carlisle, I’m referring to how many goals they’re scoring. 

We seem unable to score more than 1 (minus Pompey) in recent weeks. We’re really making hard work of it. Are we running on empty?

I think Peterborough have got the momentum now , they could keep winning and end up with the best G D . Last day - they are at home to Bolton who could be “resting” players for the Play-offs . Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that . 

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

My memory is that some time ago we needed a last day win against lowly opposition (Reading?) and totally fluffed it. I was never so disappointed in Derby. More so than playoff losses!

iirc we actually needed a just a draw to secure 6th, but it went so badly we finished 8th. What a club.

37 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We are still the favourites for second (so say the bookies!!!!)

Keep the faith. It was never going to be straight forward. We wouldn’t love following this club as much if it was. 😀

I guess a neutral, just looking at the remaining games, would expect us to win our last three whilst it's not unreasonable to think Bolton may drop a couple of points either Saturday or away at Posh. 

We're perhaps a little less optimistic (having suffered some dreadful performances recently).