DCFC Fans 15th Birthday

Day

Jeez, been here ages. 

Some great people though. And feel like I've learned a lot. The non football talk has always been an important part. The depression thread I think is possibly the greatest thread. And amongst all the bickering over various topics i like to think we all mostly take away some valid points that over time broaden our perspective. 

It's sad how often you get your news from here too. 

I miss arguing with curtains about McClaren. Much love to you @Curtains, hope you're well mate. 

Also, I think we should give up on George Thorne and move on. He's clearly not coming

Edited by Alph

33 minutes ago, Alph said:

What did you expect/hope for when you set it up? 

Not a lot really, the DET forum was a cesspit with abuse, zero moderation, wasn't a nice space to spend your free time trying to stay in the loop.

Was just an alternative really, somewhere those that wanted to get away, that's all.

There were never any long term plans of doing XYZ, things just happened. This forum was here at the right time in the right place to take over.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Not a lot really, the DET forum was a cesspit with abuse, zero moderation, wasn't a nice space to spend your free time trying to stay in the loop.

Was just an alternative really, somewhere those that wanted to get away, that's all.

There were never any long term plans of doing XYZ, things just happened. This forum was here at the right time in the right place to take over.

Well, it's meant a lot to me. There's times when I've felt lonely, depressed and then times when I've wanted to share times of celebration with others. Always found comfort here. I know many feel the same

So thanks David and all the mods in those 15 years. And the online friendships. 

It's never descended into a place that's just a toxic hell like most corners of the internet

Don't underestimate your achievement here. To keep an independent discussion board going this long in the era of social media is impressive

I used to run an Invision board (not football-related) years ago and it died not long after this one started up because everyone just moved to Facebook

That said - the DCFC  facebook fan pages are a total bin fire, so maybe it's not really any surprise that you've lasted!

Edited by Stive Pesley

As we all get older I find this place a more sedate place to read and post, It's moderated pretty good, Shed loads of different threads and a mountain of different views, I enjoy this place, I'm glad I popped over and had a read before joining...well done all 👍