The Valentine month is fast approaching.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I'm trying to figure this out. Does @David Graham Brown have some romantic tale about himself (I presume that with a name like that "he" is male) and@BodminRam which the latter would prefer no one to know about?

I have the necessary equipment below the belt, and a beard, but I’m rather reticent to call myself male, incase I get pelted with multicoloured Doc Martens boots.

Looking back through the seasons, it looks to be March is a bigger problem than February. 

By my count, we've won 35.7% of our games in February in the past 10 years. We've only won 23.4% of our games in March. Since COVID hit, we've gone on to lose 10 games in March, winning just two (four draws).Good news for Port Vale, Bristol Rovers, Reading, Bolton, Northampton & Blackpool. 

So you can enjoy valentines day whilst we slowly march towards the true unravelling of our season. 

9 hours ago, David Graham Brown said:

I have the necessary equipment below the belt, and a beard, but I’m rather reticent to call myself male, incase I get pelted with multicoloured Doc Martens boots.

I don't think the beard (and possibly the other parts) is any proof that you're male in certain quarters these days.....

Back on topic - I can't stand Valentine's Day when you are in a relationship. In years gone by you sent a secret card to someone you had a crush on, or to be a little more grown up wanted to show affection. It was anonymous and there was an aura to it. Now you have to not only buy your wife a card but also flowers, chocolates, out for a meal. 

It's another example where "they" put pressure on us to spend money and act in a certain manner, which as an ageing punk rockers (without multicoloured Doc Martens) goes right against my core. Then we're asked to do it again on March 8th now (international women's day), anniversary, Christmas, birthday, Easter, Summer Solstice and about five more in the year.

Don't get me wrong, love my wife and happy to show it. Just get a little riled when someone in a marketing department tells me "you have to do it in this way, on this date or else you are a failure". 

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Back on topic - I can't stand Valentine's Day when you are in a relationship. In years gone by you sent a secret card to someone you had a crush on, or to be a little more grown up wanted to show affection. It was anonymous and there was an aura to it. Now you have to not only buy your wife a card but also flowers, chocolates, out for a meal. 

It's another example where "they" put pressure on us to spend money and act in a certain manner, which as an ageing punk rockers (without multicoloured Doc Martens) goes right against my core. Then we're asked to do it again on March 8th now (international women's day), anniversary, Christmas, birthday, Easter, Summer Solstice and about five more in the year.

Don't get me wrong, love my wife and happy to show it. Just get a little riled when someone in a marketing department tells me "you have to do it in this way, on this date or else you are a failure". 

I try to avoid feeling a failure by being romantic all year round... even in the week!  🤓

We treat each other (materialistically and/or in other ways) as and when we deem fit, and play next to no part in all this calendar-related marketing department guff!

Admittedly, it can sometimes appear that we are miserable gits or tightwads etc (no exchanging cards for Xmas, no valentine flowers (but plenty throughout the year), and more often than not, not even actual "un-wrappable" birthday presents either!  For example, my birthday present this year is a weekend in Lincoln to go see the Rams Away... and maybe a steak dinner at Bernie Inns!  😁

It works for us.  👍  

44 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

No, you don’t have to.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

No, you don’t have to.

This. The missus and I agreed a few years ago that we didn't need to keep feeding that particular commercial machine after so many years together, so now I cook her a nice meal on the day itself, which I genuinely enjoy planning and carrying out. It was her idea though, because she's useless at remembering birthdays and special occasions 😂

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

This. The missus and I agreed a few years ago that we didn't need to keep feeding that particular commercial machine after so many years together, so now I cook her a nice meal on the day itself, which I genuinely enjoy planning and carrying out. It was her idea though, because she's useless at remembering birthdays and special occasions 😂

If she's useless at remembering special occassions just tell her Valentine's Day is October 8th, by the time you get there she may well have forgotten.