Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Somersall Ram said:

Max Bird gives another masterclass as a passenger. He has one good game followed by 6 or 7 awful performances. 

I thought he did well (for most of the game) and possibly his best game for while in my eyes. Funny how we can see things differently. I guess that's football for you. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought he did well (for most of the game) and possibly his best game for while in my eyes. Funny how we can see things differently. I guess that's football for you. 

He frustrates me. You get flashes of what he could do if he just stepped on the gas more often. He has the ability to do more surging runs through the middle. It’s almost as if he has had some natural instincts coached out of him and then in odd games or specific moments he goes ..” hey I can do this” steps over 2 tackles and charges forward breaking lines and making a difference. You can’t do it all the time but a coup,e of times each game is better than once every 2 games ! 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

agree with the post that you replied to, an absolute passenger all night. players were getting past people or getting the ball out of their feet under pressure, giving it to Bird in hope of a bit of reprieve and he just gave it them straight back. cant remember once where he turned and ran or looked for a forward pass, just gave it back to where it came from all night 

3pts so not complaining, but surely performances will improve. The pitch needs some attention, as does the midfield which remains a huge weak link with two similar players who aren’t the best athletes trying to plug a big space where the game is typically won and lost. And we still rely heavily on NML for goals/assists. Jury out on TJJ. Hoping this window announces some pleasant surprises. 

Good first half. Into usual panic mode when 2-0 up. Deserved the win. Very pleased to score late after annoying people in front had left who took about 10 mins of fidgeting and blocking our view as they left. 
Thommo really ups the energy when he comes on - would have brought him on sooner. Elder was shaky all match. But job done.
Key test - happy to have travelled 2 hours+ and been freezing cold with another hour to go and up at 5.50? Big yes.

#bemoreB4 🐏🐏🐏

Steady performance all round with a dash of traditional flakiness thrown in. Well deserved win, but I really would love Callum Elder to show the form that made him a Championship player.  I thought he looked tentative still, and got owned for the equaliser. A run of games may be what he needs, but he won't get many more chances to step up. The Sibley sub was a clear warning. Come on Callum...believe!

Deserved to win that.

Listened to Radio Derby on way home and they’ve watched a different game where Burton deserved a draw.

Call me old fashioned but to score 3 they’d need at least 3 shots on target.

We had two iffy bits of defending and they had 2 excellent finishes. Other than that I thought Burton were one of the poorest teams we’ve played. 

The only slight negative is that we didn’t get the winner in the 97th minute. Couldn’t believe their plucky new manager moaning at the amount of time added on ……after he’d called a basketball style timeout with their mortally wounded number 3 a full 8 mm from the touch line.

Got what they deserved.