Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As above mate.  A win for Bolton leaves it in our hands assuming we do the job results wise before.  Barnsleys draw leaves them above us if they win the game in hand with no recourse to take that ground from them on our own merit.  We had that chance and didn't take it.

Way too early for not being in our own hands etc. A draw was the best result for us tonight.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Way too early for not being in our own hands etc. A draw was the best result for us tonight.

I agree. There's still a lot of points to play for and no one will win every game, there will be surprise results and drama right through to the last couple of games. 

Its going to be mighty close but there's no reason at all why we can't sneak that 2nd spot. 

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I agree. There's still a lot of points to play for and no one will win every game, there will be surprise results and drama right through to the last couple of games. 

Its going to be mighty close but there's no reason at all why we can't sneak that 2nd spot. 

Referees ?

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I didn't want to mention the R word. It really does concern me that we will lose out to horrendous decisions. I think its our biggest threat.

The most likely 'horrendous decision' we'll make is someone not passing it to Gayle in the box.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The gumps doing that is the most tinpot thing i've ever heard of. Fatty thinking he can buy the decisions like he does in Greece.

Clattenburg takes a job where the only requisite is throwing his mate under the bus.

I can imagine his interview with the narcissistic fatty and his cringeworthy CEO  probably went similar to this.

Best result tonight in terms of the Barnsley Bolton draw. A shame Peterborough are coming up on the rails. With Portsmouth off in the distance, it's turning into a 4-horse race for second spot:image.thumb.png.e52b0c4fc634221144f32883f407b54f.png

There will be twists and turns, but we can't afford too many. Ten games to go. Seven wins and we're in the mix, eight wins and we're probably over the line. Obviously the Bolton game has massive significance and is "must not lose". 

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As above mate.  A win for Bolton leaves it in our hands assuming we do the job results wise before.  Barnsleys draw leaves them above us if they win the game in hand with no recourse to take that ground from them on our own merit.  We had that chance and didn't take it.

Surely you’d take the draw over Barnsley winning (which very nearly happened)?

1 minute ago, Will the Ram said:

Surely you’d take the draw over Barnsley winning (which very nearly happened)?

Not sure where this Barnsley winning is coming from.  I wanted Barnsley to get zero points . That's been my stance for a fortnight for reasons already listed.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not sure where this Barnsley winning is coming from.  I wanted Barnsley to get zero points . That's been my stance for a fortnight for reasons already listed.

It will feel like a kick in the Barnsley balls though due to the very late nature. Hopefully it could trip a wobble.. 🤞

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we fail to go up it won't be because of referees. 

It will be because of our poor start to the season and our knack of chucking away points from winning positions since the turn of the year.

I still don't know whether Wycombe's penalty was valid and I doubt that if she'd watched the replay Rebecca Walsh does either - I was similarly unconvinced about the penalties against Bolton and Shrewsbury, just to name two other contentious decisions. Then there was Wildsmith's red card at Bolton, so I think you can't ignore the evidence that questionable reffing decisions have cost us more points than gained us points.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Best result tonight in terms of the Barnsley Bolton draw. A shame Peterborough are coming up on the rails. With Portsmouth off in the distance, it's turning into a 4-horse race for second spot:image.thumb.png.e52b0c4fc634221144f32883f407b54f.png

There will be twists and turns, but we can't afford too many. Ten games to go. Seven wins and we're in the mix, eight wins and we're probably over the line. Obviously the Bolton game has massive significance and is "must not lose". 

Peterborough returning to form is largely down to the return of Poku. 1 win and 4 points in the 5 games he was out injured. 3 wins and 9 points in the 4 games he's been back. They've only lost 2 league games since Spetember the 2nd with Poku in the side.Let's hope he was rushed back and picks up another injury.