Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

Beaten by the better team today. I know it sounds stupid but I think we scored too early. We seemed off the pace and gave them too much space to play in. We were second best for most of the game. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or maybe a second yellow? I think it was a push on him mind you. I don’t think we can have any complaints. I think it shows we need a more mobile midfielder in the transfer window. We were leggy but basically outclassed today.

Absolutely, the fact that he was already on a yellow made it an easy decision.

If it was a push, then it’s no peno and a freeekick. 

There’s no middle ground, but that’s where the ref chose to go

42 minutes ago, Hoppo said:

I'm blaming the ref. Would have been a totally different result if he'd applied the rules correctly

It’s been a good rub and the two away wins were superb and vital….

BUT, to fair we never really turned up today…..their quick movement and transition through midfield once again highlights our lack of pace and grit in that area and where we need to strengthen- Fornah been a big disappointment in that area/respect in my view.

The lack of a full press plays into their hands- surprised Warne didn’t recognize that more to be honest -  but again, you need the legs to carry it out..

3 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Dom asked about the subs i think and his reply started with F**kin hell ...,

Gibson had to apologize after🤣

DOM: "Hindsight's a wonderful thing. You made three changes at half time, would you have gone with the same line up again for three games in a row if you had your time again?"

GAFFER: "Er, well.. I mean f****** hell, you can ask me that after every game!" 

I was impressed with Peterborough, which I can't say for many teams we've faced this season, but only to a point.

When given the space they were allowed for the first 15-20 minutes of the game they played the sort of football in possession we can only dream of seeing under Warne, but I think once we changed it to 3 at the back we pretty much nullified their threat (hence why I was lining up praise for Warne') & the tactical change and then the subs were all positive signs that Warne is improving, which is all I've ever asked for really.

Denied space they're nothing special, not n the slightest,  I don't think from that point on they actually played well, and I thought we were the better team (or at least comfortably kept them at arms length) until we took the lead.

I maintain that there isn't a single team to fear in this league and I still don't see any reason why we shouldn't be pushing for that top 2, or that we shouldn't be favourites for promotion through the playoffs if it comes to that.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think we've witnessed both the top 2 in this league come May, would've been nice to hold them to a draw but I don't think it really matters.

I’m amazed how folk are almost ignoring Bolton in this… they are strong and quietly going about their business. Decent squad too.

i’m betting on them being top two.

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Absolutely, the fact that he was already on a yellow made it an easy decision.

If it was a push, then it’s no peno and a freeekick. 

There’s no middle ground, but that’s where the ref chose to go

To be honest if the ref deemed it to be a significant push then he should have given a fk and not awarded the peno. Once he did the latter the former becomes irrelevant in my mind. It was a yellow.

I thought after the Oxford win a win against Posh and a statement will be made, 1-0 and inside the 1st min and it's on, 10 mins later the games turned, Best team won...no doubt...imo, They were younger and hungrier, PW said before the Wigan game that 6 points would be good over these 3 games, No complaints from me.

If there's a little moan from me...it's that I'd like an intelligent athletic engine room midfielder in the window, I thought we just looked a little tired, Posh did to us what we did to Oxford...dominated possession, Their corner count and shots were better, But hey all teams on good runs lose at one time or another.

On paper, Fleetwood and Burton look like 6 points...but football aint played on paper, still all to play for with 22 games to go 👍 

26 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

It’s not the loss it’s the nature of their goals. They were such a good attacking side and yet we ballsed it up ourselves - how are we - the best defensive outfit in the league on current form conceding those goals? Piss poor and for once I’m not blaming Warne. Players have to be doing better in those situations. 

Stupid errors in the last few matches now. we can’t afford for them to become common place. 

It's unrealistic to expect any defence to hold out without any real respite for as long as we were asked to today, especially against the highest scorers in the league. That's where it becomes a game management issue.

If we score one of our breakaways to make it 3-1 it may be a different story, but I don't think we looked comfortable for any minute of that last half hour and the result doesn't seem to have surprised many.

Edited by May Contain Nuts