Pick a pinyata

Archied

Thought it might be worth a separate thread as so many match threads and others just turn into pick a pinyata with people having picked one and sticking to it without  thought, reason or ability to shift from it,

warne 3 promotions from this division currently best scoring record in the division with constant amount of very good goals being scored and a mean defence second on goals conceded,

collins clearly doesn’t have the instincts of a goal scorer despite being relatively prolific over his carrer compared to others lauded as far better than him,

hourihane ,ect ect ect ,

I do wonder if some people actually watch games just to pick they’re pinyata to bash for the season or seasons if a players stays longish term🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Thought it might be worth a separate thread as so many match threads and others just turn into pick a pinyata with people having picked one and sticking to it without  thought, reason or ability to shift from it,

warne 3 promotions from this division currently best scoring record in the division with constant amount of very good goals being scored and a mean defence second on goals conceded,

collins clearly doesn’t have the instincts of a goal scorer despite being relatively prolific over his carrer compared to others lauded as far better than him,

hourihane ,ect ect ect ,

I do wonder if some people actually watch games just to pick they’re pinyata to bash for the season or seasons if a players stays longish term🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s part of the attraction with football and the very core of this forum, 30,000 supporters who all see the game very differently and have 40, 000 different opinions (some people change their opinions) 😂😂😂

Long may it continue 🐏🐏🐏

I can understand wanting PW out based upon opinions, nothing wrong with that. It does get tiresome though imo when an argument is made based on mostly fabricated information and by the same posters over and over. It's almost as though the PW hate has been embedded and attempts to critique him plucked out the air.

We have had doesn't use academy or know players names, tells the players to put aimless crosses in the box, fallen out with players based on hearsay, failure will be not getting us promoted turned into he will fail once we got promoted, he says we are playing good in his interviews, what game is he watching but then when he says we weren't at our best, what does that do for team morale, the league is now the worst ever, his football is rubbish, get Warnock in (one of my favs) I could go on.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

hourihane ,ect ect ect ,

Yes that's why I watch footy, I was so annoyed during the Arthur Cox, George Burley, Maclaren and Jim Smith days, I don't want to see good football, a manger who appears to know what he's doing, I want crap..I want to see Bob Malcolm, I want to see a manager inexplicably change formation defending a 1 nil lead with half hour left...that makes me so happy 😊 

21 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

I can understand wanting PW out based upon opinions, nothing wrong with that. It does get tiresome though imo when an argument is made based on mostly fabricated information and by the same posters over and over. It's almost as though the PW hate has been embedded and attempts to critique him plucked out the air.

We have had doesn't use academy or know players names, tells the players to put aimless crosses in the box, fallen out with players based on hearsay, failure will be not getting us promoted turned into he will fail once we got promoted, he says we are playing good in his interviews, what game is he watching but then when he says we weren't at our best, what does that do for team morale, the league is now the worst ever, his football is rubbish, get Warnock in (one of my favs) I could go on.

Almost as tiresome as anyone with an opposing opinion being rounded on with threads started just to do that.

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes that's why I watch footy, I was so annoyed during the Arthur Cox, George Burley, Maclaren and Jim Smith days, I don't want to see good football, a manger who appears to know what he's doing, I want crap..I want to see Bob Malcolm, I want to see a manager inexplicably change formation defending a 1 nil lead with half hour left...that makes me so happy 😊 

Interesting you pick SM, someone who failed to beat a team in a play off when they were down to 10 men for so long, someone who failed to get us promoted when clear at the top of the table when injuries kicked in. Really can't remember the football being enjoyable during that period when we were losing game after game.

For me, football is played different ways and I enjoy them all, have to say though, more so when it's winning football, for me, BD promotion season was of best and topped SM reign.

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

There are maybe 3-4 posters who will put up a heavily exaggerated post or two during the course of match thread which do go OTT with the negativity, but honestly I think that's done intentionally as a bit of a wind up, potentially borne out of frustration of having prior, more sensibly made criticisms rubbished out of hand by a similar number of posters with a broom in each hand, and one up their jacksie, ready to sweep any and all criticism under a gigantic rug.

Those OTT posts during the game are a bit annoying but are very much in the minority, but certain not enough (never enough) to claim that the whole thread has been turned into one full of negativity. They're quite easily ignored if one so wishes.

What you've achieved with the above post is similar. Take a criticism someone has made of Warne, remove all nuance and thought put behind it to present it as 'mostly fabricated' (as if 95% of the discussion on here isn't based on supposition and predicted outcomes) and 'plucked out of the air' to make out there is no validity behind it, thus reducing it to whatever form you find most easy to dismiss.

To top it off of course there's the usual stance against boring repetitive criticism in the form of boring repetitive anti-criticism, which actually comes across more as anti critical thought.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I like how you've put a festive spin on this thread. Some people are having a myrrh in this thread though.  

14 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

There are maybe 3-4 posters who will put up a heavily exaggerated post or two during the course of match thread which do go OTT with the negativity, but honestly I think that's done intentionally as a bit of a wind up, potentially borne out of frustration of having prior, more sensibly made criticisms rubbished out of hand by a similar number of posters with a broom in each hand, and one up their jacksie, ready to sweep any and all criticism under a gigantic rug.

Those OTT posts during the game are a bit annoying but are very much in the minority, but certain not enough (never enough) to claim that the whole thread has been turned into one full of negativity. They're quite easily ignored if one so wishes.

What you've achieved with the above post is similar. Take a criticism someone has made of Warne, remove all nuance and thought put behind it to present it as 'mostly fabricated' (as if 95% of the discussion on here isn't based on supposition and predicted outcomes) and 'plucked out of the air' to make out there is no validity behind it, thus reducing it to whatever form you find most easy to dismiss.

To top it off of course there's the usual stance against boring repetitive criticism in the form of boring repetitive anti-criticism, which actually comes across more as anti critical thought.

As I said, I get it with someone's opinion, don't have an issue at all with that. However stating something to prove a point that can't be debated seems strange to me. Someone saying I do t like the bloke, his football is rubbish etc...fair enough, personal opinion, someone saying his relationship is bad with Sibley though for example...just seems to be throwing things out there to aim at him.

38 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

As I said, I get it with someone's opinion, don't have an issue at all with that. However stating something to prove a point that can't be debated seems strange to me. Someone saying I do t like the bloke, his football is rubbish etc...fair enough, personal opinion, someone saying his relationship is bad with Sibley though for example...just seems to be throwing things out there to aim at him.

Yep that happens but again I think it's only one poster who actually claimed that, just like it's only one poster who said they hate Warne and a few of the players!

I think it's blown out of proportion, and what gets annoying is feeling like you're being grouped in with that more baseless or extreme stuff. It's like anyone negative about Warne's long term prospects has the same blanket thrown over them regardless of how they're presenting their view.

Some of the stuff on your list of complaints / criticisms, which I assume you think are unreasonable or unfounded, are perfectly valid points for consideration imo.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Key themes that I find helpful:

1: I have no interest (or belief I am able) to change other people's point of view about anything - from football to anything else posted here or elsewhere on t'web. 

2: If I don't agree with what people say, that's fine. Least of all random profiles on a random forum.

3: If I am going to get stressed about some poster's view of a football match (that I don't even know they've actually seen) I probably need a lie down.

Merry Christmas y'all...

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Key themes that I find helpful:

1: I have no interest (or belief I am able) to change other people's point of view about anything - from football to anything else posted here or elsewhere on t'web. 

2: If I don't agree with what people say, that's fine. Least of all random profiles on a random forum.

3: If I am going to get stressed about some poster's view of a football match (that I don't even know they've actually seen) I probably need a lie down.

Merry Christmas y'all...

Yes, but are you Warne in or out? 🥷