Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

3 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It is luck though - we were lucky that their player was so stupid to launch an elbow for no apparent reason.

Had the sending off been because  we'd had a nice bit of play that forced their player into making a foul it would be different.

It is luck though - we were lucky that their player was so stupid to launch an elbow for no apparent reason.

I would suggest it was “for no apparent reason”, knowing how Collins “puts himself about”. I noticed in the second half another Orient player took a swing at him and put him out of the move. It was seen by the ref who played the advantage, but didn’t follow it up.

What puzzles me is why, with the overhead camera view, ie the normal view available why Rams TV only showed the lower angle, which was far from clear, which even gave rise to the idea that a foot had been left in or put into Collins after the foul. Incidentally the lower angle view on the highlights video is much clearer. Does this mean that there were two or more separate feeds?

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Doesnt really matter if you doubt the joke or not, it’s what the players think of it. Evidence at the moment is that they’re together and they must have a good relationship. Not much else to it. You’re entitled to think it’s rubbish, and he’s entitled to not care in the slightest. 

I'm entitled to post and so are you. I disagree with Warne's 'cod psychology' and see no reason he couldn't just be clear in his meaning. You think it's okay for everyone including Sibley to guess his meaning. Fair enough. As I said:

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm entitled to post and so are you. I disagree with Warne's 'cod psychology' and see no reason he couldn't just be clear in his meaning. You think it's okay for everyone including Sibley to guess his meaning. Fair enough.

Do you think he doesn’t talk to Sibley anywhere other than in front of the post-match cameras?

I’m as big of a Sibley fan as anyone, you know that, just think of all the things to beat Warne up with, his sometimes naff jokes are way down the list. 

Just now, Srg said:

Do you think he doesn’t talk to Sibley anywhere other than in front of the post-match cameras?

I’m as big of a Sibley fan as anyone, you know that, just think of all the things to beat Warne up with, his sometimes naff jokes are way down the list. 

Don't you think that Sibley would rather he said positive things about him? I don't know ask Sibley. I've made my comment and you've disagreed. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm entitled to post and so are you. I disagree with Warne's 'cod psychology' and see no reason he couldn't just be clear in his meaning. You think it's okay for everyone including Sibley to guess his meaning. Fair enough.

Warne responded to the Ramstv interviewer’s statement of “Louie Sibley opened the scoring, cracking strike” by saying;

“yeah I’m glad he scored because if he didn’t score he’d have been in deep cause he could have put Birdy in. Really pleased with Sibs, you know he had different roles if it was a 3 at the back or a 4 at the back what position he was, he was a 10 or an 8, same with the wide players they had different roles today because sometimes they attacked with a 3 the midfielder slots inside the pitch so there was a lot of information. I thought the lads dealt with that pretty well and I thought Sibs was a handful, so I was pleased for Sibs and erm yeah he was one of many of the good performers”.

Seems fairly specific praise about Sibley doing well and coping with the changing formation to me, not sure what needs to be guessed at? 

1 minute ago, David said:

After saying our style of play isn't producing results, it's difficult to complain about style of play when we're winning.

Criticism of post match comments is the logical next step until we lose again and style of play becomes an issue.

Haters Gonna Hate GIF

I disagree with Warne's style of management. You're entitled to disagree with my posts.

5 games unbeaten against teams who at the time were around/below us at that time 

Next is 5 more who are now around/ below us because of it, these will be the 5 which are most defining for our season 

if we are saying 10 unbeaten after these games, I shall start believing we can be serious contenders.

So for now lets be happy and hopeful with some founda tion instead of hope.

Onwards and upwards .......COYR🦍🦍

Just now, silverback said:

5 games unbeaten against teams who at the time were around/below us at that time 

Next is 5 more who are now around/ below us because of it, these will be the 5 which are most defining for our season 

if we are saying 10 unbeaten after these games, I shall start believing we can be serious contenders.

So for now lets be happy and hopeful with some founda tion instead of hope.

Onwards and upwards .......COYR🦍🦍

We'll be top by January the 1st.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

I would suggest it was “for no apparent reason”, knowing how Collins “puts himself about”. I noticed in the second half another Orient player took a swing at him and put him out of the move. It was seen by the ref who played the advantage, but didn’t follow it up.

What puzzles me is why, with the overhead camera view, ie the normal view available why Rams TV only showed the lower angle, which was far from clear, which even gave rise to the idea that a foot had been left in or put into Collins after the foul. Incidentally the lower angle view on the highlights video is much clearer. Does this mean that there were two or more separate feeds?

The camera feed was from Leyton Orient, so we had no control over which views could be shown

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

My opinion is that if there's a doubt over the joke don't do it. Plus Sibs hasn't been a regular, why not just give him a bit of a boost and leave it at that? It takes away from the praise and is un-necessary. 

I criticise him because I don't rate things he does, that is one instance. I haven't bothered recently because all that comes back is personal comments. If you think Warne is a joker fair enough. But suggesting my motives isn't at all pertinent, but is a cheap shot. 👍

In the end it's the players that will be the one's to interpret what Warne says means.

And there was me thinking it’s because you’re finding it a little more difficult to criticise at the moment after 5 consecutive league wins. 😀

Surely you’re not denying Warne is a bit of a joker? Whether his attempts at funny comments are very funny or not is a different matter. I don’t think they are most of the time.

I don’t see it as a cheap shot (what exactly is a cheap shot?) just my thoughts on why you might say certain things.

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

He had a decent game yesterday.  Playing much better recently in general. He did miss a very good chance but he's playing that role of a battering ram so much more effectively and confidently.

Seems like the plan wasnt working so well earlier in the season but now it is ie first half we seem to use him as a hard worker, winner of free kicks, bothering defenders etc. Second half we use the options to take the game more by the scruff of the neck.

Without NML - and now Wilson increasingly - I still think we will struggle to take that control though. Either JJ needs to be able to used more or we need more width/invention from the transfer window.

Yeah ultimately I want us to have another option competing with him but you’d think he was Theo Robinson the grief he gets. 

1 hour ago, David said:

After saying our style of play isn't producing results, it's difficult to complain about style of play when we're winning.

Criticism of post match comments is the logical next step until we lose again and style of play becomes an issue.

Haters Gonna Hate GIF

That's not quite fair. Criticism was for the style of play being poor and having very inconsistent results. The results have improved dramatically, whilst the quality of play isn't quite there over a full game yet. To be honest, i'm not sure we'll fix that until weHowever, I now believe we will have enough to get us over the line at the end of the season, especially if we add a couple of the missing ingredients in January.

This is also the first time in close to 40 games where our 6 and 12 game rolling averages have been top 2 worthy. We spent close to 20 games showing only mid-table form! We need to maintain our current form over the rest of the season now.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And there was me thinking it’s because you’re finding it a little more difficult to criticise at the moment after 5 consecutive league wins. 😀

Surely you’re not denying Warne is a bit of a joker? Whether his attempts at funny comments are very funny or not is a different matter. I don’t think they are most of the time.

I don’t see it as a cheap shot (what exactly is a cheap shot?) just my thoughts on why you might say certain things.

I told you why I said it. 'Jokes' or 'unfunny comments' as you say, can be easily misinterpreted - obviously I misinterpreted your comments about me.

Overall I don't think it's the best way to manage a player, others think it's fine.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I told you why I said it. 'Jokes' or 'unfunny comments' as you say, can be easily misinterpreted - obviously I misinterpreted your comments about me.

Overall I don't think it's the best way to manage a player, others think it's fine.

I think he is skating on thin ice and could easily upset or cause offence if his poor attempts at adding a bit of humour weren’t so clearly signposted as I believe they were on this occasion meaning, this time I doubt very much Sibley would be bothered by what he said.