Derby vs Port Vale

B4’s Sister

35 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Sibley does not have a best position. At no 10 he is ineffective whilst at LWB he is slightly better but struggles when up against a speedy winger. 

I also think he should really have done much better saturday when had a chance to score but instead of using his left foot he tried with his right  when it looked like the left hand side of the goal had opened up  he's not alone of course in missing chances but i don't rate him like some do but its about opinions i guess

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Last season, the excellent Bursley Ale House, just off the Market Place in Burslem, was selling basic burgers and hotdogs from their beer garden at the front of the pub. All the pubs round the Market Place were welcoming and served good beer.

I agree. The Bulls Head has a good range of Titanic beers including the wonderful Plum Porter, but it felt very much like a home pub last year. A random PV fan bought me a pint, probably not realising I was a Derby fan! so probably best advised not to wear colours (unless it's a generic B & W scrave) if you plan to visit this pub.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

4 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I also think he should really have done much better saturday when had a chance to score but instead of using his left foot he tried with his right  when it looked like the left hand side of the goal had opened up  he's not alone of course in missing chances but i don't rate him like some do but its about opinions i guess

I think he tried to put it through the keeper’s legs. He failed and so it looked like he hit it straight at the keeper.

Small margins.

I hope the lad makes it because his heart is in the right place and we’re not exactly awash with goalscorers.

However, much like a lot of the squad, we may find he is replaceable.

I’ll always cheer for him when he plays.

They gave us the whole of their social club at the ground last year, and provided extensive external catering outlets. There was plenty of food on sale up to 30 m8nutes before the game. I presume they ran out for later arrivals? 

We are at the opposite end of the ground tomorrow as they have switched their away end. I presume that we won't get into the social club this year as it will be the home end.

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I agree. The Bulls Head has a good range of Titanic beers including the wonderful Plum Porter, but it felt very much like a home pub last year. A random PV fan bought me a pint, probably not realising I was a Derby fan! so probably best advised not to wear colours (unless it's a generic B & W scrave) if you plan to visit this pub.

I didn't really get that feeling at the BH last season tbh, though sound advice from yourself certainly, but I never wear colours away for the simple reason that it makes it harder to get into some pubs and some home fans don't like in-yer-face shows of club affiliation in their boozers, though it's much rarer nowadays amongst those old enough to get served. 

The only sniff of 'aggro' I noticed last season was a couple of small groups of local 'yoof' running around the Market Place area after the game looking for like-minded Derby fans. They were well outnumbered by police though.

9 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

I like the B4’s Sister username. Really proud of the kindness he’s shown to people on here and as well as the B4isms ❤️

B4's Sister is a great username and it is a privilege to be able to use it.

Anyone who meets you will soon learn to call you Claire if you want them to!

3 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I love sinking a few titanic beers.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

They gave us the whole of their social club at the ground last year, and provided extensive external catering outlets. There was plenty of food on sale up to 30 m8nutes before the game. I presume they ran out for later arrivals? 

We are at the opposite end of the ground tomorrow as they have switched their away end. I presume that we won't get into the social club this year as it will be the home end.

We went to the little town centre last season pre match , no bother . Going again tomorrow. Could it possibly be as good as last season ?

17 hours ago, angieram said:

We got in the queue but had to bail out as kick-off approached. We went back out at half-time to more massive queues, with the people around us also on their second attempt. And literally as I reached the counter they announced that they had sold out. Run out was probably a better description. Knowing that the match was a sell out should have indicated more potential sales than normal, but the caterers simply turned up with their normal stock levels, and missed out on literally hundreds of sales. We ended up munching on MacDonald’s pseudo food  near Uttoxeter at 11.00 at night!

Edited by DavesaRam

On 26/11/2023 at 15:23, B4’s Sister said:

@Foreveram all the matches I have been to have been wins for Derby. I’ve probably jinxed it now 😬

I knew that, out there somewhere, someone else would be counter-acting my record and restoring balance to the universe...