Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Appreciation Society, Unite!

May Contain Nuts

Big wang or little wang I think his guy has proven himself to be a player who has abilities above the level we find ourselves at, and one with a never-give-up attitude who can both provide and score very important goals. I don't know where we would be without him.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

5 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Big wang or little wang I think his guy has proven himself to be a player who has abilities above the level we find ourselves at, and one with a never-give-up attitude who can both provide and score very important goals. I don't know where we would be without him.

That particular bit I think is a change this season, he seems to be showing more “leadership” in the team. He’s clearly leading by example with his football but also seems to be relishing being one of the senior players. 

37 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That particular bit I think is a change this season, he seems to be showing more “leadership” in the team. He’s clearly leading by example with his football but also seems to be relishing being one of the senior players. 

More importantly he's relishing having a rest every now and then. He's looked ten times the player since he's been allowed time off.

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It's massive apparently 

Undoubtedly NML is a game-changing match-winner. Yesterday is proof positive of that. Warne needs to chaperone him carefully because we totally fire blanks when NML is absent. 
A huge January window ahead because without some significant incomings the odds are currently loaded against us being promoted this season. NML cannot keep shouldering the burden. 

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On his day, he's one of the best players in the league. He just needs to maintain that throughout the season. We can't afford for him to go quiet like he did last season.

Problem is that he’s not a league one player if he’s on his day throughout the season. We’ve got him in league one because is inconsistent. 

10 hours ago, angieram said:

He started last season on fire and faded badly. This season he's getting better as the games go on.

The lack of a goal weighed heavily on him, but he's kept plugging away and now getting his reward.

Yeah a winger to help rotate him is a must in January. 

I'm not really sure about this one player carrying a team malarkey, just based on the fact they are the one who is currently scoring. 

We could have said the same for Waggy early in the season, or Collins more recently.

Mendez-Laing is one of my favourite players and the only difference I see in recent matches is his confidence has soared now he's started to find the net again. 

Yet there were plenty slagging him off on here earlier in the season when he just couldn't seem to find the net.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not really sure about this one player carrying a team malarkey, just based on the fact they are the one who is currently scoring. 

We could have said the same for Waggy early in the season, or Collins more recently.

Mendez-Laing is one of my favourite players and the only difference I see in recent matches is his confidence has soared now he's started to find the net again. 

Yet there were plenty slagging him off on here earlier in the season when he just couldn't seem to find the net.

I think he should have been substituted for the end of the game once we’d gone 2-1 ahead.

He was shattered and it was no surprise he picked up an injury. It’s important he plays Tuesday night and that he’s on form.

We can’t afford to run him into the ground.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well said @angieram 👏 

NML is an attacking threat for us, and is currently in a rich vein of form, but he’s not doing it all on his own. The whole squad, current and any additions in Jan, will contribute something to the season.