Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Appreciation Society, Unite!

May Contain Nuts

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Shared a journalist’s tweet about this in the away tickets thread earlier but figure it’s worth sharing here too, especially with this coming direct from the man himself. NML has asked to be stood down from the upcoming internationals so he can focus on Derby and the run in, top man 👏 

IMG_1885.png

Well done, Nate - great decision. 

On 02/03/2024 at 23:39, Caerphilly Ram said:

Shared a journalist’s tweet about this in the away tickets thread earlier but figure it’s worth sharing here too, especially with this coming direct from the man himself. NML has asked to be stood down from the upcoming internationals so he can focus on Derby and the run in, top man 👏 

IMG_1885.png

For someone whose character was called into question, perhaps not unfairly, he certainly seems to have found a home at Derby. The fact that he's chosen to forego international football to help get us over the line just makes me love him even more.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

You almost don't realise what a freakishly good season he's actually having until you look at the stats:

image.png.1aadfa3189326a8399668eec8e65cc17.png

He's 4 clear of anybody else for assists, and if my maths is right, 4 clear of anybody else for combined goals + assists as well. 

According to Whoscored:
Devante Cole has 17 goals and 3 assists so is only 2 behind Mendez-Laing's 22..
May, Rhodes, Jamie Reid, Bishop and Mason-Clarke next, all on 18

According to Transfermarkt:
Mendez-Laing is on 23
May is on 20
Mason-Clarke has 19
Paddy Lane and Poku are on 18 (along with the others listed above)

I think we will see the best of mendez laing now we have gayle. someone with a similar ability/footballing mind. normally we lump it up front and hope mendez laing can pull some magic out his arse and do something with it 🤣

25 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

I think we will see the best of mendez laing now we have gayle. someone with a similar ability/footballing mind. normally we lump it up front and hope mendez laing can pull some magic out his arse and do something with it 🤣

I’m just hoping that the brief, largely unsuccessful experiment of playing him through the middle can be forgotten and that we see the driving runs from wide again.

I would love to see Blackett-Taylor and Nat operating in tandem and at their best. With Gayle in the middle we could have something truly exciting.

Not as exciting of course as three central defenders passing to each other.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m just hoping that the brief, largely unsuccessful experiment of playing him through the middle can be forgotten and that we see the driving runs from wide again.

I would love to see Blackett-Taylor and Nat operating in tandem and at their best. With Gayle in the middle we could have something truly exciting.

Not as exciting of course as three central defenders passing to each other.

im hoping warne goes full southgate. 3 at back and 2 holding mids. 🤣

• 1 month later...