Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Appreciation Society, Unite!

May Contain Nuts

He's one of our very few match winners, and he seems like a genuinely nice lad too. He (and the rest of the team) looked much better when we switched to a back three, and better still when Sibs was moved into the middle. The extra movement in the final third really helps him exploit tired defences.

Yes, this is also a very rare admission that Warne made a good tactical decision. I'm shooketh.

Last season was brilliant until the last 3 months of the season when he faded. This season he was really poor in the opening weeks, last 4-6 weeks he’s been on fire again.

I’ve been critical of warne running him into the ground and leaving him on when he’s having a shocker, yesterday was proof as to why Warne leaves him on. Poor by his standards first half, yet won us the game in the second and looked unplayable at times. 

He’s our most important player.

14 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Is he out of contract in the summer? On current form could see a championship club coming in for him.

Out of contract in the summer, correct. 

You know where I can see him end up?.....The MLS.

He's still got a few years left on the clock to go out there and be a mega star whilst reducing the travelling distance for international duty. 

Makes perfect sense.

Would I like to see him stay? Of course, I just don't see what the real upside there is for him other than being relatively close to his birth city in Birmingham.

16 hours ago, David said:

Out of contract in the summer, correct. 

You know where I can see him end up?.....The MLS.

He's still got a few years left on the clock to go out there and be a mega star whilst reducing the travelling distance for international duty. 

Makes perfect sense.

Would I like to see him stay? Of course, I just don't see what the real upside there is for him other than being relatively close to his birth city in Birmingham.

NML MLS LMAO 

• 2 months later...

NML, has been outstanding this season, and today again he gets another assist, hope he carries on this form an till the end of the season, as I think if he does, we go up, and credit to Paul Warne for getting him alot fitter this season, been a great signing, and will do a good job if we get promoted to the championship. 

21 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

NML, has been outstanding this season, and today again he gets another assist, hope he carries on this form an till the end of the season, as I think if he does, we go up, and credit to Paul Warne for getting him alot fitter this season, been a great signing, and will do a good job if we get promoted to the championship. 

20 hours ago, Crewton said:

I reckon Curtis Nelson is currently his closest rival.

Saw these two comments and think both deserve recognition. NML is basically the KDB for us currently - scores some vital goals but also creates. Do worry the 90minutes he does leave him gassed at times but saw that more last year. 
Nelson has been very solid for us - would say Cashin or Bird for Young POTS - Bird has played more fearlessly since signing elsewhere (as much as that hurts)

22 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

When this elicits an angry response you have to wonder whether this forum is worth the effort.

Maybe it was a case of 'sausage fingers' when selecting the emoji?