Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Derby 1-3 Crewe Alexandra

As things stand, Derby are heading out of the FA Cup in the first round for the first time in their history...ever.

That stat should be rammed home by local media to all concerned with the first team, coaching or players. Blown a second chance as it stands too.

Hugely disappointing.

Just now, norwichram said:

I hear you .. but that’s why we have a manager. We don’t leave it to the players. If the players aren’t up for it (as we saw after 20 mins) then it’s his responsibility to take action to remedy it. You know like we often see the opposition mangers do. 

as I said he keeps asking players to play midweek and weekend week in week out. 

But the manager has set out a team that is good enough to beat a league 2 side at home, we've hardly been overloaded with games recently. I think if the 11 put out tonight don't have enough to beat Crewe at home, that's their fault. We can't always blame the manager, sometimes the players have to take ownership of their own performances.