Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

4 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Without Mendez-Laing I'm not sure Warne knows what to do offensively. This is what happens when you play so one-dimensionally - if a player is missing or the opposition figure out how to counter it, that's it. It's just embarrassing that its Crewe who've worked out how to counter it. 

i would argue he doesn't even with NML

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought so, but RD didn't say. I can't see why but Warne can. I expect Warne will be happy to see him leave.

Agree he’s not a wide player at all! Was really disappointing sibley had two games at 10 recently and was pretty anonymous in both.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

In Warne's defence, I would have to conclude the latter. I can't believe he has massively changed the way he's set up his team within a few days, the players are just completely inconsistent. 

Perhaps then Warne should have set up the team differently. Any good coach will change the way we play and adjust tactics to beat the team they are playing. And if during the game, if it's not working, make the right adjustments to overcome the other team. Bloody hell, we only played them 10 days ago, if he's done his homework on them we should'nt be losing to a team in the lower division.

Just now, Rich3478 said:

I’m not a huge fan of warne, but do agree with a previous post who said they’d be very surprised if we were set up any different than on Saturday? A couple of changes shouldn’t make this much difference.

I get a good coach should be able to counter things, but I do think we’re letting a lot of players off with some really rank performances.

Tonight is on the players. The team was comfortably good enough to win tonight, and the tactics and set up won't be radically different from the weekend. The difference is application by individuals. They need to look at themselves in the mirror.

Just now, plymouthram said:

Perhaps then Warne should have set up the team differently. Any good coach will change the way we play and adjust tactics to beat the team they are playing. And if during the game, if it's not working, make the right adjustments to overcome the other team. Bloody hell, we only played them 10 days ago, if he's done his homework on them we should'nt be losing to a team in the lower division.

Pep Guardiola couldn't coach these lot to a win tonight with this level of performance. It's not always the manager. Sometimes I get the Warne criticisms, but tonight it has to be on the players. Not good enough. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Tonight is on the players. The team was comfortably good enough to win tonight, and the tactics and set up won't be radically different from the weekend. The difference is application by individuals. They need to look at themselves in the mirror.

I hear you .. but that’s why we have a manager. We don’t leave it to the players. If the players aren’t up for it (as we saw after 20 mins) then it’s his responsibility to take action to remedy it. You know like we often see the opposition mangers do. 

as I said he keeps asking players to play midweek and weekend week in week out.