Derby County Versus Barnsley - Match Day Thread - League 1

S8TY

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Cashin will be off in January and I doubt we'll be able to push for a loan back this time .  As such, I expect Bradley will get more game time to protect against injury for a sale and He'll be playing then anyway as We've got him for this season at least and probably two.

Could be there’s more chance of a half season loan back if it’s Brighton ?

8 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

wait so hold on

from reading this and other threads, we are losing

Cashin

Bird

Nyambe 

Collins

Potentially Hourihane 

Who are we bringing in? 🤣

if we lost 2 or 3 of those I think we'd struggle for a top 6 finish 

You also forgot about John-Jules' loan expiring and cashing in on Sibley

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You also forgot about John-Jules' loan expiring and cashing in on Sibley

Ahhh yes sibley leaving too.... anyone else??😬

If we do get that money for those players, do we go for "established" like Rhodes or Clarke Harris types to try and charge ourselves out of the leagues probably through the playoffs to get us back to the Championahip or take a punt on foreign leagues/lower leagues/Youth players and try and build a squad from the ground up?

The scout from Oxford we had i thought it'd be more obscure type signings to make money on but I always think to myself if Derby want to be a big club we have to keep hold of them for longer before we sell them (if we do)

Like villa selling Grealish, only did it when it was 100 million... very savvy

You'd have hoped that, Bird, Cashin etc would want to play for Derby County a big club with great support even though we are in league 1 in the knowledge we should be back competing in the championship but I suppose those days of football are gone and footballers are like politicians and go wherever the career "advancement" is

What are people's thoughts on that?

Edited by TheRamOfSwad

46 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

wait so hold on

from reading this and other threads, we are losing

Cashin

Bird

Nyambe 

Collins

Potentially Hourihane 

Who are we bringing in? 🤣

if we lost 2 or 3 of those I think we'd struggle for a top 6 finish 

Based on true life events, some may argue that if we lost none of those, we'd struggle for a top 6 finish.  👀

I normally have strong opinions and favourite players but it’s tricky to chose at the moment. The only thing I want and that consistently works is 4 at the back. These players have all had good days this season in one game or another, but I wish to heck they’d all decide to have a good day at the same time. Collins needs the ball in the box but if that isn’t going to happen then Washington is more versatile. Bradley has his issues but at least plays the ball out to midfield on the floor. Dunno .. hope they give us room to play. We need this to stop the one step forward one back rut we keep slipping in to.

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Could be there’s more chance of a half season loan back if it’s Brighton ?

I hear a fair bit mate but don't really choose to impart a lot as if something doesn't pan out it's an hour of how do we know your weren't making it up/who's the source.

I Posted a while ago though mate, as so much rubbish was doing the rounds re this move, that Brighton were willing last minute to agree to a loan back but a few weeks before had already lined up a loan out for the season to Ipswich or Blackburn.  The delay to finalising things was Derby would not release Cashin without a replacement and contacted Ipswich to try and get a loan from them as cover to allow Cashin to be released to them. At the time Ipswich weren't prepared to to let the player go and Derby wouldn't sell without the cover.  Brighton agreed to scrap the loan -and fee- late on to get the deal done but too late.

It's possible but they now have the chance to shave money off the deal as it's later in the day and get that loan fee.  Unless there is another interested party, I'd think that ships sailed.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Derby go back to Ipswich for the player they were looking at if Cashin does go there on loan though.  Big hint he's been here before and ain't playing a lot.

38 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

If they come to play football, we'll win. If they decide to make it a physical and "industrial" game, they'll win. 2-2.

Yes but this season our failure against the more Neanderthal types of teams have been because we have just slung loads of crosses into a penalty area populated by gorillas. 

Have we actually tried playing football against the gorillas? With their slow and wide turning circles, I am sure we could play through them, if only we tried.

We are sat on an expectancy after yet another good Tuesday, so we can but hope for some football on Saturday, instead of our usual Saturday follow up.

COME ON YOU FOOTBALLING RAMS!!!

23 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes but this season our failure against the more Neanderthal types of teams have been because we have just slung loads of crosses into a penalty area populated by gorillas. 

Have we actually tried playing football against the gorillas? With their slow and wide turning circles, I am sure we could play through them, if only we tried.

We are sat on an expectancy after yet another good Tuesday, so we can but hope for some football on Saturday, instead of our usual Saturday follow up.

COME ON YOU FOOTBALLING RAMS!!!

tumblr_mwez67TkIL1s4rha3o3_250.gif

6 hours ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

Ahhh yes sibley leaving too.... anyone else??😬

If we do get that money for those players, do we go for "established" like Rhodes or Clarke Harris types to try and charge ourselves out of the leagues probably through the playoffs to get us back to the Championahip or take a punt on foreign leagues/lower leagues/Youth players and try and build a squad from the ground up?

The scout from Oxford we had i thought it'd be more obscure type signings to make money on but I always think to myself if Derby want to be a big club we have to keep hold of them for longer before we sell them (if we do)

Like villa selling Grealish, only did it when it was 100 million... very savvy

You'd have hoped that, Bird, Cashin etc would want to play for Derby County a big club with great support even though we are in league 1 in the knowledge we should be back competing in the championship but I suppose those days of football are gone and footballers are like politicians and go wherever the career "advancement" is

What are people's thoughts on that?

Sibley could bring a fee in like Knight , possibly £2 mill. Cashin and Bird will probably do a Tom Lawrence and let the last few months of their contracts run down. I still don’t know what Brighton would do with Cashin - they are a top half Prem team . Loan him to a Championship club an see if he improves? He has not cut out the mistakes in Tier 3 yet .

1 hour ago, Blondest Goat said:

An early goal would be great.   If we don't get one I can see Barnsley picking us off on the break.  I'm led to believe it's what they're good at and we have seen us concede goals like that countless times under Warne.

Depends on the team. If we play Bird, Smith and Hourihane that will definitely happen. Fornah is a must. 

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

If they come to play football, we'll win. If they decide to make it a physical and "industrial" game, they'll win. 2-2.

Does that mean it’s going to be both football and industrial?

At least gives some relevance to Jamie’s poem 😊