Derby County Versus Barnsley - Match Day Thread - League 1

S8TY

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sibley could bring a fee in like Knight , possibly £2 mill. Cashin and Bird will probably do a Tom Lawrence and let the last few months of their contracts run down. I still don’t know what Brighton would do with Cashin - they are a top half Prem team . Loan him to a Championship club an see if he improves? He has not cut out the mistakes in Tier 3 yet .

Knight went for 1.7-1.8 mil and had a years contract and was basically first name on the teamsheet for club and country.  Don't get me wrong, we were robbed on that one but the premise is the same .  If they get 500k for Sibley, they'll be lucky with 5 months on his contract.  

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Knight went for 1.7-1.8 mil and had a years contract and was basically first name on the teamsheet for club and country.  Don't get me wrong, we were robbed on that one but the premise is the same .  If they get 500k for Sibley, they'll be lucky with 5 months on his contract.  

500k for a 22-year old lad who can’t hold down a starting berth in an inconsistent Step 3 side would be very generous indeed 

Edited by DiggerB

28 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

500k for a 22-year old lad who can’t hold down a starting berth in an inconsistent Step 3 side would be very generous indeed 

I think he has potential but probably not here and he's young.  He'll do a Ramage, head to Watford and get 20 goals most likely.  Worth a 500k gamble to a championship side.  I think Rooney did his confidence a lot of damage I'm afraid. A side that sets up quite free moving without big expectation would be good for him.  Maybe Plymouth.

Big game today, expecting 28K to turn up, need to beat 1 of the top 6 at home to give us all the confidence that we can get into the play offs, I have a feeling we will get the win we need, nice day for football today, can not wait, need to get behind the lads today and roar them onto victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

10 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Big game today, expecting 28K to turn up, need to beat 1 of the top 6 at home to give us all the confidence that we can get into the play offs, I have a feeling we will get the win we need, nice day for football today, can not wait, need to get behind the lads today and roar them onto victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Great to see all the “Saturday’s “ back . But there is a cup replay in midweek . Be nice to see at least half of the 28 k to help DCFC get back on our feet.

18 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Sibley could bring a fee in like Knight , possibly £2 mill. Cashin and Bird will probably do a Tom Lawrence and let the last few months of their contracts run down. I still don’t know what Brighton would do with Cashin - they are a top half Prem team . Loan him to a Championship club an see if he improves? He has not cut out the mistakes in Tier 3 yet .

Lucky to get £ 200k for Sibs.

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Great to see all the “Saturday’s “ back . But there is a cup replay in midweek . Be nice to see at least half of the 28 k to help DCFC get back on our feet.

Did not go midweek pal, due to work, but will be there against Crewe, and not only there, but being there in a positive . Supportive way, it's in my DNA. 

19 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Does that mean it’s going to be both football and industrial?

At least gives some relevance to Jamie’s poem 😊

Hoping for a win to end their unbeaten away League record of 5 wins and 2 draws in their 7 away League games so far this season. We'll play football and they will be industrial.

Big game this. Feels like a pivotal moment in the season, even with it being so early. You’ve got the obvious piece where it’s one of the better teams, but it really feels like Warne needs to get this right. We’ve had 2 good home league results against very poor teams, managed to fight back in the cup and now we need to really put a bit of a marker down. Could be defining for Warne himself, if he gets a good performance and a result then the fans will give him more grace for a while.